1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Now Found

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by Dirty Leeds, Jan 1, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. just been asked by a decent fella I work for occasionally, he wants a desert sled so if anyone is selling I’ll put you in touch...no I’m not on commission I’ll just put you in touch

2. What’s his budget?

3. Didn’t mention it just said he wants one so thought I’d stick it on here, I doubt budget is an issue so much as a good bike at fair money, I’m sure he is looking and he is not daft but sure he will pay for the right bike, he sent a picture of the silver one but said red is ok too.

4. I missed it in his message it’s 5k

• Like Like x 1
  5. I know someone who may be selling one. I’ll let them know.

6. Cheers terry I would literally put them in touch and leave them to it, I’m always reluctant to get involved with type of thing as nothing usually comes of it however the fella is a decent bloke I’ve worked for him in Spain 3 times so see what happens. :upyeah:

7. Where is he based Carl?

8. Solihull mate

• Like Like x 1
  9. A Sled for £5k your be lucky,i guess it would be a high mileage motorcycle for that money.:thinkingface:

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. .

The cheapest (and only 1,200miles too) on eBay is £7,400.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Might need to raise budget, you never know though..few years back a lad I know, runs a curry house near me was driving in Leeds saw a Mercedes for sale by the side of the road maybe 16k maybe a bit more can’t exactly remember, anyway he and his mate went halves on it, sammy the curry fella knew a lass at harrogate Mercedes popped up with the car they gave him 29k ...not a bad wage ...I think the seller was a drug dealer or something a bit dodgy but needed a quick sale ...true story

• Like Like x 1
  12. This ^^^

My mate is looking at a minimum £8500 but isn’t desperate to sell.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Seems like a raised budget required that’s for sure.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. If it’s in a Ducati dealer for 7400 they only paid about 5k anyway. Winter is here, worth a low offer if that’s his budget in one. Don’t believe asking prices right now!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. They're holding the value for obvious reasons,don't believe the tyre kickers nonsense talk.

16. I believe the market, and that says what most bikes are worth within a range with odd exceptions for particular bikes or sellers.

As these dealers have all bought their Desert Sleds for £5K and sold little -if anything- for months if they were over priced they would have dropped the current asking just to maintain cash flow imo. That said the a better valuation will come in spring in sales season and that may be more or less.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Of course don't forget the new 2021 range will have a slight knock on effect with the seconds i guess.

#17 XH558, Jan 2, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2021
  18. You’d think so. Several have had bikes well over 6m and price reduced a bit but not lots.

19. Bike now found thanks to @XH558

Thread closed cheers terry

• Like Like x 1
  20. Excellent news.:upyeah::upyeah::upyeah:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information