1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1198 Now This Has Got Me Thinking!!!!

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by Dave dunlop, Sep 4, 2019.

• Like Like x 2
  1. It would blow the 959 off the road!! Forget ya bike aids that's proper raw ducati power!! 170 bhp ... yes please.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. IMG_3998.PNG IMG_3999.PNG

• Like Like x 3
  3. IMG_3816.JPG IMG_3763.JPG IMG_3769.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  4. Totally agree....for performance 100%..... But how about handling and ergonomics? Usability?

5. Subjectively, my 1098R feels fractionally smaller than my 748R. The V4 by comparison is a veritable arm chair. IMO, the bike is over priced for an 1198 and is only put at that price point to try and recoup some of the cost of the extras, some of which are worth it, some are not. Andy

• Agree Agree x 8
  6. Buy it and let us all know looks like an amazing machine. Properly set up with consideration for the type of riding you intend it should be quite manageable but still very much sports/performance orientated.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Agree Agree x 6
  7. Exactly my thoughts Andy, £15k for a base model 1198 no matter how blinged up is extraordinary money

• Agree Agree x 5
  8. I would only echo the thoughts above and not only because I have mine listed before anyone chips in with such comments.

Sure it's nice to look at and a nice spec, but @ nearly double the market value of a nice 1198??? Not a chance in my book...

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. It's about the price a good 1098R is worth...

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. I’d have snapped your hand off Ben if I didn’t have an almost identical 1098s. Beautiful bike you’ve got there & I always had a thing for the gold wheels. GLWS

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. Agree totally with it being well overpriced.... And realistically would I get anymore enjoyment from it over the Pani....Anyway I'm completely barking up the wrong tree here! 38 years of road/track riding and building some real special bikes I think I'm done with it all... Europe is the only way to get any kind of pleasure from road riding and I'm finding it increasingly hard on the body with track days at a competitive level. 2020 could possibly be the year I sign up for the new V4 street fighter! ..... I've been having this fight with myself over the last couple of years after most my mates have gone down the naked route... makes sense....kind ofo_O

• Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Nice forks...
    :D

13. wonder if they have pinged their 'guard brkts yet :thinkingface:

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. 959 has it on track though ey, with a higher chance of coming back into pit without aid of a trailer box.

15. Wouldn't it be great if you could get a proper thumping 1198 engine in to a Panigale (V2) chassis.

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information