1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

999 Nrc Tail Tidy Install Instructions

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by Lucazade, Jan 6, 2018.

1. Hi all, has any one installed nrc tail tidy on their 749/999 mono?

This one?

999-FE-2.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  2. Watching

I hate having the wiring under the pipe, though wouldn't you still need a number plate light?

3. Number plate light isnt necessary for an MOT on a bike,quite surprised when my tester told me,but if the bike has one it needs to be working.

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. Ridiculously overpriced. Did mine with a Radiantz LED strip.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. Very nice!!

And the ends are indicators? Have you had to mod the tail piece much, looks like the LEDs are sunk into it a bit? What are the fasteners for in the rear number boards?

I have a race fit can with the termi Carbon cover so this would work better for me anyway. It's the only thing I don't like at the moment, the light and indicators are ok but having the wires hanging under the can is crap.

Thanks yellowducmaniac, will be taking that off then! Lol

6. Yes, the ends are indicators. The tail is an RS part so it's a bit different to the street version, mounted with four Dzus fittings.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Your bike is Awesome jusutus, I've got a lot of work to do before I post many pics lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Jusutus? How much was yours and as asked yours looks like it was sunk in to panels.

NRC does not require cutting the panels.

As to cabling you remove old one, buy a new connector plug and wire it all to stock connector. No permanent mods with NRC.

Found manual deeply hidden on their website. Light kit fits to frame not panels which is good

9. BTW Sweet bike

10. @Lucazade Mine was 113€ with shipping and taxes. It is slightly sunk inside the fairing, I cut the original RS fairing holes larger to accommodate it. Mounted with JB Weld so not removable o_O

20170714_204854.jpg

11. I did not want to cut in to panels as want them stock.

Mine was 160GBP delivered so not that bad and it comes with licence plate holder as well.

12. I do love your RS tail mind you. Do you know whom makes them?

13. The stock tail is different so there's no need to cut it, the strip can just be mounted under it similar to the CRC one.

RS tails can be bought from Bursi but bear in mind that you also need an RS seat and certain mounting parts for them.

14. By the way, the CRC light won't even fit a 999 if the tail is mounted correctly (not raised that much from the silencer cover). There should be just an approximately 1cm gap.

20160410_203349.jpg

• Useful Useful x 1
  15. I always had a gap there bigger then that. Especially with stock carbon cover. That carbon cover you are showing does not look anywhere near like a stock one as it seems to have air vents at top.

16. It's just a modified Termi cover. If the gap is much bigger the pin on the tail fairing isn't properly seated on a rubber grommet on the tail.

17. On my bike, I doubt if a car following behind would be able to see a light if it were fitted above the exhaust due to the slight upward angle of the silencer.
    I was considering it a few years back but concluded that although it would remove the need for the under silencer light, it would basically be useless at doing what it should do I.e. letting following vehicles know of your presence/intentions.

#18 RickyX, Jan 8, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2018
Do Not Sell My Personal Information