1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Numb Thumbs

Discussion in 'Streetfighter' started by David Hales, May 12, 2017.

1. anyone else get numb thumbs/hands in there streetfighter?

2. I have renthal ones with bar end mirrors on it at the moment, the last owner has fitted different grips, didn't know if this is common with Streetfighters, it's not bad enough to make me get rid of it, but never had it on my monster 1100 evo

3. I get it sometimes in cold weather and I get it on my Superduke but that has no discernible vibes through the bars, only through the foot pegs. I wonder whether a lot of it is down to the riding position and shape of the bars.
    I think fatter grips help because your grip isn't as tight but if they get too fat I find it makes throttle control less precise.

4. I got horrendous shakes on my hands on my 1198 then fitted Grip Puppies, work a treat. Couldn't go back now as prefer the fatter size of them in my hand ;)

5. I ran my 1198 with some soft grip buddies covers which help a lot. I get numb hands n fingers etc too. I got them from Nippy Normans. http://www.nippynormans.com/grip-buddies
    Take a bit of getting used to as theyre obviously thicker. However Im used to gripping extra girth so nae worries. :innocent:

6. Blinking Playstation Generation softies.

Grip puppies for the win.

7. Nope, misspent youth using paddy motorbikes at work which causes me to get white finger in cold n wet nowandagain. So ner. /raspberry

• Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
  8. Sounds like some of you are gripping the bars way too tightly to me.

9. That's exactly my problem, but the life of me I can't shake the habit

10. I use grip-puppies also but certain bikes I've ridden. It can take time for your/my body to accept the new vibrations.

11. I do this as well so have developed the habit of touching the ends of my thumbs and forefingers together periodically as this relaxes my grip, give it a go, it works for me.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Thanks for the tip. I'll give it a go

Do Not Sell My Personal Information