1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

996 Number Board, Or Not To Number Board...

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by Gav4R, Feb 6, 2019.

1. That is the question.

What are your thoughts? Should I look to put a white number board on the front of my 996 SPS?

Im undecided to be honest, I like how having one would create a balance with the white on the tail of the bike. If anyone has any pictures I would greatly appreciate seeing them.

Thanks Gav.

2. Yeah paint one on they look quality.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Thanks @cookster appreciate your opinion and advice :upyeah:

4. In my opinion i would leave it stock as it left the factory,this keeps the value high as a standard motorbike,unless it's a special:upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Do you mean front or also include tail sides?

My opinion only but if you are going to do it you should go the whole hog and make it a race replica, not a half and half.

• Like Like x 1
  6. The front nose cone, the sides on the rear are already white on the SPS, Im thinking having the nose cone with a white number board would give the bike a balanced look.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Put some photos up then so we can have a proper thread

I’m interested because I want to put new fairings on mine too but it’s a track bike already, just not sure what design it should be to look pretty.

8. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Not mine but I do think it balances it up with the front board.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Thanks for posting the picture showing the difference @Birdie I agree with you re the balance of colour

10. Here’s another...

E3BB891C-5087-4A76-B43E-76BC9A8D9D57.jpeg DB46D832-34BF-4207-937E-4B36D0C13D47.jpeg

IMO, they look better with both or neither.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  11. If you’re undecided, why don’t you try a stick on one from the likes of carbon trader. Then, once decided, leave it on,take it off, or get it painted on. :upyeah:
    CT moto ones are easy to apply and cheap as chips. (Only ones i’ve Used)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. Thanks @bettes amy chance you could send me a link to “carbon trader” and “CT moto” ?

• Like Like x 1
  13. Deffo stick one on that can be peeled off later if you prefer that look...

• Like Like x 1
  14. I stuck one on being 100% my bike had to have one !!! not the first time or the last time I will argue with myself !!!

DSC_0267.JPG

DSC_0266.JPG

• Like Like x 7
  15. Now there's a garage...

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  16. Yes :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  17. in the interest of balance here is a yellow one

20180806_131212.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  18. :)
    There’s one missing! Or an empty mat at least. ;)

You and @Robarano ought to compare garages/bike storage/service areas. Sooooo clean :):upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 2
  19. Sorry here's an updated photo

DSC_0437.JPG

• Like Like x 13
Do Not Sell My Personal Information