1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

998 Numbers On Sorn

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by canaryman, Apr 1, 2019.

1. Having recently put my 998 on SORN, due to health issues, I began to wonder if there is any way of finding out how many of the 748/916/996/998 series of bikes are either currently registered or on a SORN at the present time? I appreciate this question may have been asked previously, however I've tried entering into the search option, but unfortunately I've had no joy, thanks

2. Apparently my 97 748 bp is 1 of only 2 currently licensed !
    Tight wads lol
    Puddy :)

3. ‘Ducati Missing’ seems to be the most popular model of Ducati, with 2,700 of them in 1994, whereas the first Monsters weren’t registered until 1996!
    So, interesting, but can be misleading too.

4. howmanyleft.co.uk is totally inaccurate. When I had my Benelli 1130 TRE it said only 1 licensed, I know for a fact that at least 6 were on the road.

5. Diane Abbot runs How many left

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. 1993 first monsters I think?
    Were first Monsters not 1993? a '93 registered one was for sale last week - @Chris linked it I think :thinkingface: What's a Missing?

#7 Exige, Apr 2, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2019
  7. The first Monsters were ‘93. I’ve May ‘93 and June ‘93 registered ones, but the ‘how many left’ doesn’t list any till 1996, which is all the proof I need that the DVLA Government database is not complete.

As I pointed out, the most common Ducati’s are data ‘Missing’.

8. Ah, I thought you were saying '96 o_O yes the data base is pants :):upyeah:

9. Thought first monster was 92 but then first 996 was 99 and I’ve a 1998 996 so who knows

10. Next years models start to be built in and around September/October in the automotive industry in general - Ducati are no exception...

11. Technically yes, at the Koln show, but it was a mock-up that didn’t run.

The earliest UK registered Monster I know of is one of mine, though there may be an earlier one.

I’d be interested to know about the rest of the K Reg bikes if anyone’s got one or knows details?

12. Did you see the one on here last week?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information