1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nurburgring In The Porsche Gt3

Discussion in 'Trackdays & Rider Skills' started by Monners, Apr 26, 2018.

1. I thought you guys might find this interesting. We did a trip out to the Nordschleife this week for a trackday and all managed some decent time. I was doing 8'09'' which is 35 seconds quicker than I've ever managed to do in a car before. It's genuinely down to learning the track on iracing simulator over the winter and @doogalman excellent instruction. The braking points and car drives just like in the game and the track detail is superb.

This lap is also 8'09'' but without traction control which felt much better in the car but unfortunately the angle of the camera is making the video saturated. It also has some coolant spills slides at the end after a BMW dropped its guts and blew its engine after going on for another flying lap.

Also my mates monster of a Nissan GTR doing 7'45'' !

#1 Monners, Apr 26, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  2. 35 seconds!? Are you sure you didn't cut across a couple of fields??

I can't watch the vid now (Shell admin) but I'll enjoy when I get home, ta.

And I see the new GT2 RS did a 6.47. Get out!

3. You are having way too much fun with your life Royalsie. Im going for a sulk.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Need to do a big hat tip to @doogalman for his amazing hospitality and excellent instruction as well. One of the best trips we have ever done so get in touch with the man if you are going out there.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Your passenger looks seriously sexy.

#waitingfordave #powermove

#5 Advikaz, Apr 26, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2018
  6. Out of interest, what's your best time on 2 wheels?

7. For me it was the summer of 86....

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Thanks Dave for putting up with all the criticism. LOL

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
    • Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  9. 3 minutes before the end of a day with no closures this happens.
    Driver ok plus a 4k bill for barrier damage on top of the damage to his prode and joy. A good example of why we slow people down to get them up to a good but safe pace.

10. ^^^ This. I'll pay for this all day long.... :upyeah:^^^

* I refer to the statement, not the crunch...

Do Not Sell My Personal Information