1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

848 Odd Electrical Behaviour

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by Gizmo750, Jun 1, 2021.

1. Hi all,
    My 848 has been (touches wood) incredibly reliable in the 12 years that I've owned it. I've just taken it out for the first time this year and its displaying some odd electrical behaviour.
    It manifests as the indicators not working intermittently, the neutral light not coming on and the engine management (orange light) flashing at irrregular intervals whilst riding. All these behaviours are intermittent and the mechanics of riding the bike do not seem to be affected i.e. there are no strange noises, misfires, stalling etc.
    Can anyone offer any suggestions or anything I can do to test? First thoughts are a gremlin in the dash console which has suffered from the usual condensation for as long as the bike has existed.
    Thanks in advance for any help.

2. Similar behaviour involving the instrument panel can sometimes mean you are on the verge of a regulator failing. You could either check voltage with a seperate meter or select voltage on the dash to see what tickover and raised revs readings are but either way, be careful incase battery overcharging and/or regulator and/or block connectors and wiring overheating.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information