1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1199 Oem Chain 525 Master Link

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Spud312r, Nov 14, 2018.

1. I am looking for a master rivet link for the oem chain , 525 pitch i believe .

The pin dia is about 5.25mm - and i have a DD 525 VX master link and the pins are to big to go through the chain links 5.45 dia ?!?!

Anybody found a master link that fits the OEM chain ??

I thought all chains had the same pin diameters !

2. bandc express?

ducati dealer?

3. Cheers - but not knowing the sizes of the pins on renthal , JT or Tsubaki makes it differcult as i have already tried a DID 525VX link which is to big..

4. i cant believe you cant tell the make of the oem chain and size? does it have nothing stamped on it at all?

5. Too big? The links or the length of chain?

6. Had the same issue on a Iris chain, had to find an Iris link.

Can't a dealer help?

7. Unless Ducati changed suppliers, I believe the OEM 525 chain is produced by Regina.

8. Cheers guys

I heard that they were Regina so have ordered a 525 link from them..

It not the pitch etc its the actual pin diameter, i have always thought that for say a 525 pitch chain the pins would be universal size from all manufacturers .. you learn something every day ;-)

• Useful Useful x 1
  9. Are there no identifying marks on the chain links whatsoever?
    Did you have the bike from new?
    Why did you take the chain off?
    Why not treat it to a new chain and sprockets?

10. 525 denotes width and pitch only. There are dozens of pin diameters and plate thicknesses, even from the same manufacturer depending on grade of chain. If it’s oem, then the link is available from Ducati.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information