1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Offended By Emoji Or Gifs?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by damodici, Aug 15, 2017.

1. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-40931479/is-it-ok-to-use-black-emojis-and-gifs

It would seem that the BBC thinks this is worth giving airplay :rolleyes:

At this stage I'll just use these non descript eyes so not to make any offensive cultural appropriation....unless you're an eyeball....and I'm deeply sorry :eyes:

Ps - for God's sake let's try to keep this light hearted, there's enough professionally offended people in the world as it is

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Crap Crap x 1
  2. Fucking hell, I bet she's a right laugh. :rolleyes:

Most of the Emojis I post are yellow. :thinkingface: I don't hear any ethnic groups who have been traditionally portrayed as having yellow skin complaiing. :confused:

Should I be offended by a white person in a GIF acting in a "white" way? :scream: Maybe my lack of offence shows that I'm a racist against caucasian people? I'm confused. :worried:

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. I think some of the Facebook BBC comments sum it up. I just find it ridiculous that the BBC choose to highlight the feature on their website in the first place

It's just finding things to be offended about which sows further divide more than anything.

4. She must an an actress reading a script? No one could really mean all that crap- could they? I reckon she should buy a bike and get out more, that would sort out her head!

5. I'm actually offended by the level of offence she's reached over gifs and emoji

I'm now soo confused with the forum's emoji selection :(

6. If I worked with her, I'd give her a VERY wide berth to be honest. A very dangerous kind of person that wouldn't think twice in playing the race card. :(

7. The world is fucked

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. My daughter would always use tanned emojis in her texts when she was living in Barcelona. Not just because she is ethically switched on, just to remind us she was getting a tan and we weren't!
    :)

9. im offended, mostly because being offended by offensive behavior is now an offense.
    so much so i formed an opinion on the subject without even looking in case i get really offended at the people that formally told me i had nothing to feel offended by. because being offended by the "wrong" people doesn't pay the bills of those perpetuating offense.

#9 finm, Aug 16, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 3
  10. For god sake is there nothing else in this world to be bothered about

Seems any excuse to have a moan, does it really matter
    I just use an emoji :rolleyes::thinkingface:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. I saw a study this morning, another one *looktotheskywhilstsighingoldforumsmileyface* That said at least 50% of people suffer from smartphone anxiety and not having their phone with them or being unable to use them. Given this ladies sillyness you can understand why

What does make me chuckle is thinking how many of these plonka's "might" fill in a job application form with text speak and emojoi's, I'd love to read one of those

:eyes: tnk :eyes: wd b gd 4 tis jb

• Like Like x 1
  12. @finm :mad: this is a normal scottish emoji :joy:

• Funny Funny x 2
  13. faux offense taken.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. If only we didn't protect idiots so much and natural selection could play its part and thin out those at the shallow end of the gene pool :D

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Stop picking on my mate :worried:

16. you dont have mates, just customers. :innocent:. more :bomb::bomb:please. :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. Yeah, poor finm :angry:

18. yeah man. poor finm. bullies

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Not entirely convinced you should have used those bombs......Do you not have more neutral coloured ones ?? :astonished:

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. I can't believe this even warrants airtime, someone at the Beeb needs sacking if any of my license fee is actually paying for pointless shit like that !!! :mad: (PS, very sorry to any american reddish indians for the angry emoji)

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information