1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oh Well.... Desmo Service Time

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by AmalfiCoast_1198s, Jan 19, 2020.

1. Yes it’s that happy time when you realise that you have a massive service to pay for, even though you may have spent thousands recently anyway. I adore my 1198s, it’s my only mode of transport (yes really) and so it costs me fortune in fuel and maintenance. In the last 15 months it’s had forks and mono rebuilt, a new 1198sp slipper clutch put in it, a new stator, the mosfet regulator upgrade, all fluids and filters, belts, new battery, new pads, new nosecone, new oem windscreen resprayed tail unit, new pegs, new heel guards, new grips, new clutch lever, new oem rear number plate holder, reflector and indicators and that’s it I think plus a few bits of carbon and lots of tiger balm for my hips and knees... so all I’m expecting to pay for on top of the whole 25,000km Desmoservice is new chain and sprockets. I’ll let you know what it all costs me here in the South of Italy an an official Ducati workshop and what else the bike manages to pull out of the bag in terms of surprises for sure there will be somethings... nobody said being married to a supermodel was cheap but in the end it’s definitely worth it

• Like Like x 15
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Sounds like triggers broom

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Sounds like a properly used bike rather than a wanky garage queen.

Good work Amalfi.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 3
  4. Thank you, yes I fell in love with it and then began to realise how it was neglected by previous owners, so am restoring it to perfect oem as money allows, I will never ever sell it

• Like Like x 5
  5. :upyeah:

6. Forget about the bike,lets have some Amalfi coastline photographs please.:)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. So envious you get to ride this so often despite the obvious cost well done

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Stayed in Sorrento in 2018 and had a trip to Amalfi, Great views,if i remember one of these villas belonged to Roger Moore.

IMG_0229.JPG

IMG_0230.JPG

IMG_0231.JPG

IMG_0232.JPG

• Like Like x 5
  9. Horrible, much prefer Derby.

• Funny Funny x 5
  10. Ok here you are, I have millions of them... well, thousands. Don’t you guys like photos with rubbish bags in them? If yes then I will try to take some of those next time.

326BDFC5-0FD0-4CC1-8F55-8E2DD348C87B.jpeg

7B589506-A4B3-4361-9652-EAF1786399B6.jpeg

• Like Like x 12
  11. It’s my only mode of transport, it does get used every day it isn’t raining. Even if I haven’t got anywhere to go (I walk to work) I still go out on it every day, I’m kind of addicted to it to be honest. But aren’t we all?

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. 40D16EE7-C8D7-49E3-A5F3-9BE81068D448.jpeg

4A237E8E-1C1F-4BCD-93AE-F1B2919F2442.jpeg

• Like Like x 12
  13. Bellissimo. La bici più bella del lotto.

14. Wot he said.

• Like Like x 2
  15. It’s not so much that we like rubbish and bins in the background of our photos it’s just hard to avoid over here.
    Actually if you could refrain from providing such photos I for one would appreciate it!.

• Like Like x 3
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Yup, beautiful scenery & the 1x98 is still my favourite Duc :cool:

• Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Nought wrong with Derby -:p is there??

18. No clouds - disappointing :D

• Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information