1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ohlins 43mm R&T Forks

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by bootsam, Aug 17, 2013.

1. I have a set of these on my 916. Its the set that has the calliper brackets that bolt on and they are currently for the standard 40mm calipers. I'd like to move to 1198 callipers and have a spare set of 1198 rotors. So I would like to know where I can source a set of radial brackets for these. Any ideas?

2. bursi evolution.....

3. They only sell the feet complete. Mine have a calliper bracket. It can be changed for 40mm, 65mm or radial calipers. Its the bracket for radials I am after.

4. the one piece fork bottoms are the best option from a technical standpoint (1 piece means less flex under braking), they look better too imho. but they are not cheap

there are 2 diff types of FG43 fork bottoms

if yours are like the pic in the link, then you can try and track down some Cyclecat OBM1 I adaptors. they dont make them any more, but they do show on on US ebay occasionally

i have just bought some radial mount FG43's so i might have a mint unused set of OBM1's i'd be prepared to part with, pm me if you want to discuss

also spoke to harris performance a while bacl who had some old stock of brackets (much like the cyclecats) to fit 100mm callipers for about 150 quid + VAT but you need to get them machined to fit the correct rotor offset and then buy/make correct calliper spacers for the rotor diameter

Harris supply them with a technical drawing so if you have the ability (or access to a cheap machine shop that you trust) then these are a good option, if you want harris to to machine them and supply spacers etc the cost does jump up over £350 quid which is getting on for Bursi money
    heres the pic they sent me, i ahve seen them in the flesh and they are very well made (as you would expect from harris) and i think they are quite nice looking for a bolt on bracket
    Brembo brake kit_fork bottom1.jpg

hth

Brembo brake kit_fork bottom1.jpg

#4 funkatronic, Aug 18, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2013
  5. if you fancied gettin rid of them in favour of a newer set give me a shout as I'm after a set of the 40mm spacing ones :)

6. Lol Sev, If i find a set you get 1st dibs.

funkatronic, no mine dont bolt that way. I'll take a pic tomorrow evening and post it. Actually, googling....

Image4225.jpg
    these are how mine bolt on.
    img6827.jpg
    and this is how they look with the radial bracket. This is what I am after.

Image4225.jpg

img6827.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  7. No thems not the sorts mate. See how those adapters above bolt on via 6 bolts. Thats what mine are like but with the 40mm adapter. I want to go radial and they do do an adapter.

8. ah right, yep thats the later type of FG43 fork bottom

i'd still speak to harris , they are one of the biggest ohlins dealers in the UK and have been very helpful to me

could also try kais or MH Racing or maxton

be prepared for a shock though, from memory those brackets are about £450 new!

i too might be interested in your existing brackets (if they are 65mm axial caliper spacing not 40mm)

#9 funkatronic, Aug 21, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2013
  9. Funks, no mine are the 40mm. Sorry. :)

I'll give Harris a call.

10. Sorry to bring up an old thread.

How did you get on with sourcing them adapters?...may need some in the future myself.

@bootsam

11. Dont think Boots is on here anymore.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information