1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ohlins Forks, Yokes Etc To Fit Monster S4

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by Zhed46, Oct 13, 2019.

1. As the title says....

It’s for my S4 special.

Ideally I’d like to buy a full plug and play front end setup (brakes and all) but if not, individual items.

Thanks

2. The good thing about monster yokes are that they are 30mm offset.

If you get 998 or 1098 etc yokes, they come as 36mm offset. 30 are best for handling.

Prob be best to look for s4rs yokes and ohlins that for them. Unsure if s4rs ohlins are the same diameter in the yokes as say, 998, 999 or 1098.

I have a set of monster s4 yokes that I machined out to fit the usual ohlins diameters. 53/56mm

I can dig them out, if you don't find a full set up.

My advice is, dont go for the 36mm offset.

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. Hi Andy and Andy!
    Good catching up today! :)
    Tim has a mint pair of Ohlins FG43s for sale. Miles better then the std Ohlins and would look the business with the BST wheels! :cool:

4. And I have some yokes that fit..

• Like Like x 1
  5. Radial mount, or axial?

6. The std axial ones. Think from the photos that they’re 65mm (might be 40’ just woken up), calliper spacings.

AE847BAF-08F5-454E-A486-D0E3259939BA.jpeg 58374CC8-C6F2-46BE-958D-FBA64C1F60A8.jpeg BDC83BCE-7ED7-4347-AE68-8E79BC57565F.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  7. Look like 65mm

Tasty forks..

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Thanks for the replies everyone. Just on the way to the cinema so I’ll read properly and respond later/tomorrow.

@bettes - good to meet you this morning. I started to say “sorry about the smell” when you came into the lounge but never finished the sentence. One of my kids hoovered up half a beef burger the week before last and it went rotten inside the cylinder. I thought I’d cleaned and sterilised it thoroughly but my girlfriend ran the vacuum around last night and the stench that was coming out of it suggests that I hadn’t. :confounded:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  9. Seemed alright to me! :)

10. Think £1800 with the special bottom yoke... let’s see.

@Tim K ?

11. Now if only you’d told me this before I gave exactly that amount of money to some guy from Yorkshire for his BST wheels this morning.....

They're very tempting but with an upcoming house move and my eldest just having started uni, my budget will only stretch to the Lidl spec Ohlins that are about half that sort of money.

Do you/anyone happen to know whether/what forks from other models will fit? A little bird that knows these sort of things told me that Aprilla RSV Factory items will.

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Hi Ian
    Yes £1800 would be the lowest price for the FG43's . The forks, caliper mounts and yolks would retail at almost twice that without VAT.
    I may also, depending on which way I go with a couple of projects, have a complete WSBK narrow track front end with 9760 Ohlins but you know how rare and expensive these are..

• Like Like x 1
  13. Might any parts from an S4R be of interest ?

14. Thanks Tim but for the reasons given in my previous message I’ll have to pass on FG43s for the moment. Tbh the bike is more of a show pony than anything as I have a track bike and a commuter hack so bog standard Ohlins will be fine. It would be lovely to have higher spec suspendies but funds are a little tight to stretch to £1800 atm.

15. If you need to have the yoke milled anyway, may be worth a look at Aprilia forks: normally cheaper, but not sure if spacers are needed for discs

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. I don’t think so unfortunately, apart from maybe the engine, I’m concentrating on weight reduction, suspension and brakes before I up the power. I considered a 1098 engine transplant but the cost would be prohibitive and I’ve heard rumours they have bottom end issues.

My ideal would be to find someone breaking an S4RS as the front end and power plant should just drop straight in.

There was a Cat D S4RS knocking around about 6 months ago for around £5k which I considered buying and breaking. However, even my man maths couldn’t make it work, as once I had pinched the best bits, there would not be a lot of goodies left to sell to make the money back quickly apart from the Ohlins shock (got one already) and lighter wheels (got BST carbons from Bettes).

#17 Zhed46, Oct 14, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2019
  17. @Tim K
    What are the RG 9650 ones all about spec wise / cost etc.:thinkingface:

18. Unless I find some S4RS ones or some other Ducati set up that can be made to work, that’s the route I’ll probably go down.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information