1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ohlins Shock Service

Discussion in 'Suspension help' started by M55russ, Oct 4, 2019.

1. Any recommendations for a Ohlins shock service (translate, good but cheap)

2. I'm looking at doing a suspension service thing over the winter months. Probably going to be a fixed labour price plus parts as required. Just need to figure the details out. Shocks likely to be a flat hour and forks a hour and a half. All parts will be K-tech or genuine Ohlins. A shock will be about £100 for a straight service as a ball park.

• Useful Useful x 6
    • Like Like x 5
  3. That could work for me as I have got to take it off the bike over the next few weeks. I will keep you in mind, thanks

• Like Like x 1
  4. Would you be able to do the forks on my Aprilia RRV, they are RS125 forks with Maxton internals. RHS fork leg seems to leak, even after they were serviced last year. Bike hasn't really moved this season..

5. More than likely Andy. Once the season quietens down, we've got to keep busy. Happy to take a look.

6. Great stuff. Let me know when things slow down and I’ll van the bike up to you :upyeah:

7. Hi Nelly,
    At what sort of mileage would a suspension service be recommended?

cheers

8. There are no hard and fast rules, certainly not from Ducati on schedules. Rear suspension seems to be a fit and forget or wait until it goes wrong. This may be due to some of the shocks being sealed or not worth rebuilding, but i'm looking at Ohlins and Showa for a start. Aftermarket seems to suggest hours of use (track) and this can be 200 hours or so. I'm trying to gather info and get some suggestions together, but for instance fork oil is scheduled at either 24 or 36 months and the shock works it's oil much harder than forks do.

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information