1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For Sale Ohlins Suspension

Discussion in 'Parts, Accessories & Clothing For Sale' started by higgy748, Dec 22, 2017.

1. i am not selling but I found somebody on e bay with a lot to sell just in case anyone might be interested
    Couldn't work out how to do a link on the I pad but the item number is 173039443350

• Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  2. Is it the kingexotic bike breaker dude.....Edit...Yes it is.

#3 Andy800, Dec 22, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2017
  3. Oh dear.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. f@ck him and his ohlins!!

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Could I ask why he is a problem?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Fair enough, clearly a few people have had some problems with him. Shame, as I was considering buying some of his Ohlins kit. I guess I'll keep looking for some for 916.

7. Even though the seller is Elite super bikes, thank you @higgy748 for thinking of others and sharing what you found :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. I have just bought a battery tray assembly off him, apart from no communication the part arrived as described with all the attachments. You pay your money you take your chance.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Absolutely true. Smaller value items seem not to be a problem. I believe the issues start with this seller after the auction ends and the item hasn’t reached the value he feels it should have. It is then you get messed about. Andy

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. I haven't dealt with him for a while, but have had a couple of dealings with him in the past.

• He had a 1098 superpole seat which had the 'Make Offer' option available on eBay. I made him an offer, he countered and we struck a deal. It wasn't the bargain of the century, but I did save a few quid over a new one. £90 + £10 p&p iirc. I think a new one was about £140 at the time.
    • Based on this, he later listed a 1098R traction control unit. The same circumstances, with the 'Make Offer' option. i made a very fair offer based on what I had seen them for in the past. We was downright abusive in his reply dismissing my offer out of hand. When I sent a mail back asking why he felt the need to reply in that way, he came out with a story about the reply coming from someone in his office, not him. It's a blatant lie as he's a one man band. I haven't dealt with him again. (I got the same part the same week from the USA for about half what I offered him with a free front wheel speed sensor thrown in :))
    As @Android853sp says. He can mess you about if he feels he's letting something go cheaply. He will pull auctions rather than sell the part.

I think the main problem is that he's a blatant liar.
    • He's changed his profile name on eBay a number of times
    • Is extremely evasive
    • Can be abusive. He's very Jekyll and Hyde
    • Has broken bikes that people know of and misrepresented the parts. Engines advertised with significantly less miles than they have actually done
    • Parts listed as being "The only one in the world" etc, whic again is laughable. You can often find another couple alongside his in an eBay search.
    • Parts listed as being from show bikes, or dry use bikes, that look like they have been dragged from a swamp. Some have come from known crashed bikes.
    • Things like his snake oil (my 2nd link) is a blatant con. No product can do what he claims.
    Even if I wanted something I saw he had advertised, I'd go elsewhere, even if it were dearer, such is his reputation.

But as @Thelord says, you pays your money and takes your chance. :worried:

#12 Robarano, Dec 23, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Sold me an engine under the pretence it would drop straight in to my bike and many people had done the conversion. Total bullshit and cost me £800 in the end when I sold it at a considerable loss.

Again, became very abusive when I confronted him about it.

12. Well I won't be buying anything else from him he sounds like a right dick, in-fact if I had known this I wouldn't have bought anything from him.
    Reputation is everything.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. He is a c*nt.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. As said above, smaller non expensive / mechanical items are normally ok.
    Found out the other day his lock up is just off J21 M1. If you need something he has and it’s fairly priced, pop round to see him with a wad of cash and try to strike a deal.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Better still buy it from elsewhere.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. As others have said, don't deal with this cretin. He sent me fairings that arrived smashed and some mirrors that never materialised. Weapons grade bellend.

x

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  17. :thinkingface: Hmm, there seems to be a pattern emerging in this thread :thinkingface:

• Like Like x 1
  18. Irritatingly he has something I want......

Do Not Sell My Personal Information