1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Diavel Ohlins Time

Discussion in 'Diavel & XDiavel' started by Carbon749, Jun 15, 2018.

1. Look what arrived today, 4 days after ordering it from the States. Brilliant service.

Trip planned to Cornerspeed quite soon for Nelly to work his magic

IMG_6513.JPG IMG_6514.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  2. Hope your swing arm pivot pin hasn't seized. Our workshop requested to check the pin during the annual service as it has been known to be hugely difficult to remove. It did transform the way the back end behaves. Fair warning though, you will start to push the front end to its limits so you may have to consider new springs or an Andreani cartridge kit as we are. Andy

3. Have been "stalking" your posts.

Ohlins now, maybe Andreani set up next year.

• Like Like x 1
  4. yeah i had the ohlins rear shock fitted and found it made the front stand out as being really crap, so i fitted Andreani's in and that balanced up the bike nicley, its still a bit 'stiff' but with the frok raked out like it is you can't expect sports bike handling. I suggest you have them replace the rose bush, the stock one is poor quality and will fail, I am sure they will check it anyway and advise. I suggest you fit a rear shock guard to stop all the crap off the rear tyre being thrown at your shock, you can buy them but they are really easy to make and zip tie on the the bike, dont fit a shock sock, they are a bad idea

5. Must have mod for the Diavel from what I've read. Let us know your thoughts on the difference once it's in.
    I'd just about talked my Dad into a Diavel, he enjoyed everything about it except he hit a harsh bump and it almost put his back out!

It's of of the most fun bikes I've ever ridden but I don't wanna pay for one :p
    So hopefully you can confirm for him that it makes the bike much less harsh!

Don't know how anybody faces putting those things on, a nice shock is one of the best looking parts of a bike!

• Like Like x 1
  6. After a bit of tweaking, I think I’ve got it right now. Came with the correct spring for my weight etc and pre set by the supplier.

Bike rode well, but, still harsh on typical UK roads. I’ve backed off the compression and rebound, and the bikes much nicer to ride.

Will give it a few more trips out and play around with the settings again, but, more than happy with the results so far.

Found a great deal, imported the shock myself. The money I saved over a UK sourced unit, paid for the fitting, and I still had a few £’s left over for a beer :)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information