1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oil Change Timings......

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Cream_Revenge, May 22, 2017.

1. Hey

999. Last change 600mls back, October and 1 TD, rest road use. Doing another TD tomorrow @ Snetterton which is another 250mls odd round trip + TD miles, so will nearly be 1000mls. Will be due a change. Oil/filter already ordered.

Question is, on Wednesday 31st May I'll be getting a custom map at CJS in Bristol, another 250mls round trip + a day on the dyno.

Would you change the oil before or after the dyno day?

TIA

CR

• Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  2. At the risk of horrifying some here, I'd say change the oil before the dyno loading, but I would economise and not change the filter - after all, unless the engine has been grinding itself away, there shouldn't be much in that tiny mileage to clog it up. It's the state of the oil molecules and its additives that I'd be thinking of with the TD usage.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Genuine or just to be contrary???

4. I could play devil's advocate and suggest changing the oil before and also a drain afterwards. Before as it would be good to have fresh oil when the engine is thrashed to within an inch of it's life, and after to check for metal bits which may have come loose with the thrashing.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Genuine, get all the grunt work done on the existing, which is hardly years or tens of thousands of miles old, then when all set up peachy, give it some new sex lube. It also allows a constant i.e. from all the work done

Do Not Sell My Personal Information