1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1260 Oil Drained

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by manxxl, Aug 9, 2019.

1. Just in process of an oil change, so I warmed up engine and then pulled filter sump plug and gauze filter out and left overnight, decanted oil tray into an empty container and I think I've not even got 3lts out ?

2. could be a dumb question here ,
    but did you take the filler plug out ?

3. Yeah filter off magnetic sump plug out and also gauze filter cover off and gauze out.

4. Does that include the oil from the old Oil Filter itself? Did the same recently on a Monster and there was about 1/2 ltr in the removed filter unit.

5. Yes filter sat on little spike on the edge of drip tray.

6. If this helps, when my 1299 was new, up until around 1800 to 2000 miles, I found it used some oil. It needed topping up once a week, albeit very small amount, i also found on oil changes it didnt pump out much. But it did stop after 2000miles and oil is always constant now. No usage at all.

7. How was the level before draining. I did it recently and my level was down to the minimum mark. That it was almost 1 litre less.

8. Would there still be some retained in the oil cooler?

9. Oil level was between markers before I drained.

10. You're fine, Hopefully by now you've refilled and are out riding

• Like Like x 1
  11. Well i had 4200kms on mine, when i saw almoust zero oil. As i had service at 5000 i told dealr that my mts consuming so much oil. They said they will check... they did service and nothig was found. Anwser was, that new engines use oil as are they new.
    Well 2 days after my ride, my MTS stayed in garage as i noticed oil leak under bike... oil hose from radiator was leaking. 7000kms on mts.
    20190807_174234.jpg

12. @mladench that looks like quite a bit of oil.
    It looks like its the hose itself to me, and not the O-ring on the pipe fitting at the engine end.

what was the cause, poorly crimped hose, pipe worn through further up ?

13. dont waste it; annual service Saturday and apparently ducati dealers have to use Shell oil now; £64 just for the kin oil :(

14. Looks similar issue to my 1260, annual service due in a few weeks, will get it sorted then,

15. Well problem was hose by itself. It was leaking. New hose :rolleyes: they changed to new one with clamps and inserts.

• Like Like x 1
  16. under warranty ?
    manufacturing defect ?

17. I guess manufacturing deffect. It was changed and fixed under warranty.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information