1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 Oil Leak

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Boomshanka, Apr 15, 2019.

1. IMG_1263.jpg Hi

Any idea if this would be from an obvious/common place? I will have a look once I get home but thought you clever people might say "thats your...."

Thanks

2. Had this or what looks the same when my bike was new After 160 mile run there was oil there. Took it back to dealers where it spent nearly a month. It was a camshaft sprocket oil seal leak on one of the heads. The oil was running down the casting for the belt covers & onto the sumpguard at the front. Is this the only time it has happened as it could be a splodge from something on the road, chucked up by the tyre. Mine is 2017 1200s.

3. Thanks for reply

First time, doesnt seem to be changing, just rode it home 30 mins and my finger smudge up top hasnt changed so ill keep my fingers crossed, will try amd see if I can

Cheers

4. I think it's just a bit of something off the road. Like you say clean it off & keep an eye on it. Mine was much worse than that.

5. worst it could be is a camshaft oil seal or cam cover gasket. When I see you next time I will inspect or you.:upyeah:

6. Thankyou good plan :)

7. Ohhh so im gonna come find you now hehe, thanks

8. Thats road tar.....WD40 will take it right off, hehe.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Thanks I think you are correct, not seen a sign of it since and they are resurfacing outside work

Thanks

10. If its oil it would come off relatively easily with wd40/baby wet wipes etc as mentioned, but more likely as also mentioned, it looks like hot tar that's flicked onto the bike, something like muck off or tar remover would remove it from the bodywork

Do Not Sell My Personal Information