1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 Oil Service Warning Reset

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by tim1664, Jun 16, 2017.

1. 2011 Multistrada 1200S, I will leave the belt changes and valve clearance checks / adjustments to the experts but I am quite happy to carry out annual maintenance tasks, engine oil & filter change etc myself.
    I have just registered and used JP's excellent Melcodiag software to reset the oil service warning without any problems, would highly recommend and JP is always happy to offer any advice if problems are encountered.
    Software available at: http://jpdiag.akress.com
    For connection leads forget eBay, use lonelec.co.uk

2. These service warning lights are a bit of a bloody nuisance. Had my bike serviced two months ago (early because I was going to Spain for a two week boat) and obviously the lights were not on. I'm now getting warning lights that tell me my service is due. So a 130 mile round trip and a day off work just to get the thing turned off.
    Anyone know if it registers against the bike that it hasn't been done if I just leave it - as in the Ducati data base?
    Thanks for the info btw.

3. Hi Tim,

I download it today, got it all to work. but the submenus dont really work, shows the screen lets say but no text, so dont know what is what.
    Did you have this issue? Just asking before i go to JP.

Cheers

Ric

4. Have you got your licence?

5. Hi Ric, you need to connect to the bike and then click on the 'get licence' button, this should divert you to a licence request page, if all details filled in correctly you will receive a licence file from JP via email, copy this into the folder where you have saved the program.

6. Hi Tim,

I did this and straight away came up with a message saying no license required. This is a 2003 749s bare in mind.
    To be honest I haven't had much time so I will have another play with it soon.

Cheers
    Ric

7. Your 749 has an IAW59M ECU and uses JPDiag for diagnostics and because the ECU does not broadcast its serial number then no licence is required. Your MTS uses the Mitsubishi ECU and the Melcodiag for diagnostics. You need to use an ELM327 lead. You also need a licence for full functionality.

• Useful Useful x 1
  8. Ohhhhh
    I got the lead VAG KKL 409.1 + the Fiat lead.
    Ball ache might need to order another lead.
    But now weird thing it did work but now nothing, ca get it to connect at all.

Still having a look. might see about gettng the ELM lead.

9. Ok, it is all connecting, i was just being a idiot with the port number.
    According to the lonelec.co.uk website i got the right set of leads, and when it is connected and i go to get the license if just says ...

59m doesn't require any licences , enjoy
    back, clic here

So then back to being all connected shows the main screen with the values but where i go to for example Test/resets it shows everything but not what they are. Shows the TPS value also but not what the grey boxes arefi this makes sense...

Sorry to be a pain.

Cheers
    Ric

10. We seem to be a cross purposes. The OP was asking about using Melcodiag with a MTS 1200.

Using JPDiag is different. For the IAW59M ECU you need to select Slow Init. No licence is required and it will fully function.

11. Yes I am using Slow init, connects all fine now, I can even see the values of TPS when actuating the throttle.
    Just seems that when I go into the lets say sub menus cant see any text.
    I might give it a go at deleting the program and installing it again.
    Cheers

12. Yes I am using Slow init, connects all fine now, I can even see the values of TPS when actuating the throttle.
    Just seems that when I go into the lets say sub menus cant see any text.
    I might give it a go at deleting the program and installing it again.
    Cheers

13. Hello Tim
    I have the same Multi as yours, 2011 S Touring model, only had it for few weeks and it has 23600km on the clock, before I bought it from a local Ducati dealer they claim the 24k service has been carried out but I will have to bring the bike in for the service reset, very inconvenient and annoying, would you please let me know the process and what I need in order to be able to do it myself, I’ve looked at the posts and find some of them confusing as to the equipment and software downloads, it’s my first experience with electronics such as the multi has, work on cars and my VTR SP1, but the Multi scares me
    Thanks
    By the way I’m down under ( Australia) so not sure what’s available here as far as equipment, but Ebay is at hand

14. Hi Makusan
    You will need to get hold of a couple of cables, these are the ones that worked for me:
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TuneEcu-...974836?hash=item25a8b131b4:g:io8AAOSwGvhUDGzp
    &
    http://lonelec.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=61

Then down load the Melcodiag software & get a licence from JP as per link in my original post.

As per my original post this all worked okay for me but would not guarantee it's for everyone, if in doubt take your bike to a dealer.

15. Thanks
    Just ordered the combo (cable with OBD 2 Bluetooth) from lonelec, when it arrives I’ll ask more questions in regards to the software download and how to connect it, also does the ignition has to be on or off prior to connecting? Does the engine need to be running while performing the reset? Any detailed info would be awesome, like I said I’m mechanically minded, not so electronically, but willing to learn

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Thanks aero, will this work as step by spec on the 2011 Multistrada 1200S?
    I purchased The Bluetooth OBD2, will it still work or do I need the other cable with the USB end?

17. So this is the cables that arrived at my door from UK, saying it’s specific for Ducati, In other posts some guys were saying the cables had to be colour coded as they were wrongly connected to the plug, does anyone know if these need to be checked or changed before plugging it into the bikes service plug? Don’t won’t to cook the ECU
    Thanks

697C2983-1DC5-4068-9199-AB0386743948.jpeg

Do Not Sell My Personal Information