1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ok, I Admit That I Can't Afford It!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by PerryL, Jan 24, 2021.

1. Although I lost interest in "The Grand Tour" from day one and never was very interested in "Top Gear" with Clarkson, I do like his writing in The Sunday Times - I think that he started out as a journo before Top Gear.

However, although he likes this car, I can't get my head around paying over 71k for a car.. or a bike .. or anything really.

I've spent more on a house but only because I need somewhere to live and that's what they cost!

I may be a grump ... or maybe 70k is my limit and not 71k, as I am just a cheapskate.....
    upload_2021-1-24_18-41-50.png

2. It will be worth £50k the minute you drive it out the showroom.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Probably lose close to 50% in first year, BMW residual values are not good. Other than warranty I can't understand why anyone would buy a brand new car, leave it a year and save bundle and still get 2 years manufacturers warranty.

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. D86D142B-EBDA-46F8-8B78-013273BD4F88.jpeg There are a few exceptions to this. A couple years ago, when the new Alpine A110 came out, in France, demand was so high and offer so low, it would see its value increase steeply the minute you would drive it away from the dealership. Many buyers desperately wanting one, but none available at all...

Strange phenomenon, really.

5. Nobody in their right mind would pay £70k for a saloon Beemer even if it is an M. As others have said, as soon as you take delivery, you’ve lost a third of that at least. But then again if you’re earning enough & buying it through your company, it’s costing you a fraction of that in real terms anyway.

6. It’s all relative :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. I hope no ones paying £71k for it when a few taps into a broker site knocks 15% off instantly

EA1C22E7-33BC-4CF7-811E-D526AD3D0A4F.png

• Useful Useful x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information