1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oldie.....but A Newbie

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Inveloveritas, Jan 13, 2022.

1. Hi all,

Just getting back into the world of Bologna heaven, have had 500 Pantah and a 900 MHR back in Australia back in the day. Now trying to decide what my old back and slow reflexes can handle in the modern Ducati world !!

Living on the Isle of Harris in the Outer Hebrides, riding heaven.

Stay safe everyone.
    Sean

• Like Like x 5
  2. Welcome and enjoy!

3. All you can do is have some demo rides from your local on which model you require or desire in life.:upyeah:

4. Greetings!

5. Welcome to the forum.:)

6. Nice scrambler or multi for you oldie newbie :)

Welcome into our mad house

7. I put my geriatric frame on a 999.

This may not be a sensible decision.

Can I come and join you on Harris? Fed up with the Southeast!

8. Good stuff Inveloveritas'

Currently having a bit of trouble with my active-suspension system on my 1200enduro. So I'd recommend the pikes-peak if you can handle the size.

9. I have friends near Carloway. We’re paying them a flying visit in June. Can’t wait

10. Hi and welcome,
    the sort of bike depends upon the sort of usage you have in mind, as Ducbird suggested a Scrambler would be an ideal weapon for where you are but is a bit more limiting on longer journeys, a Multistrada 1200/1260 is a fantastic bit of kit but you could be paying for a lot of features/power etc that you won't need, a good compromise is a 950 Multistrada that is one of the best all rounders in the current range. If you still wanted something more "sporting" there is the 950 Supersport or Monster 1200 if you want a bit more wind in ya teeth, as long as it has a Ducati badge on it you will have fun!!:cool:

• Like Like x 1
  11. Welcome along Sean

12. Thanks everyone. I had a 1100GS most recently, so I'm over "adventure" bikes, although I'm sure they make more sense on Harris than in bloody London where I rode it last, after riding home, chucking it in the garage and stopping shaking,I stuck it straight on Ebay and sold it ! Never again. Scrambler is probably best, but more than I want to spend. Thats the issue. I have a pretty tight budget of sub £3000 absolute max, Im supposed to be streamlining my life !!! LOL !

13. Hello and welcome along

Do Not Sell My Personal Information