1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oliver's Mount

Discussion in 'Rideouts & Events' started by L Twin Lover, Jun 24, 2017.

1. Anyone going to cock of the north event at Oliver's mount this weekend?

2. ..hmm scarborough road racing..

3. I went !
    Mate on his 900SS and me on my 900SL travelled down from Edinburgh on the Saturday to watch the races.
    Spotted a very nice non-Duke on the way down - an MV Augusta RS at Carter Bar at the Scottish./English border - lovely machine !

Got to the circuit at about 6pm on the Saturday to find they were running behind and caught the last 2 events.
    Was nice wandering around in the sun in the evening. Then we rode back to our hotel (at Hawnby, 35 miles slow miles away).

Back to the circuit on the Sunday for a pretty good selection of races. Only Ducati of note we stood and admired was a new Supersport in the car park - first I'd seen in the flesh. I'm not a huge fan of all of the current models but I liked the look of it.

Main bugbear for me is the price for tickets - it is akin to a big club race meeting yet the cost is about the same as I'd pay for tickets to the BSB at our local circuit, Knockhill. £40 is, I feel, pushing it.

Enjoyable weekend with some great roads and some very frustrating ones as we got closer to Thirsk and then across to Scarborough.
    Andy

Do Not Sell My Personal Information