1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

On A Mission To Find “the” Bike.

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by CTRdemon, Apr 16, 2018.

1. Hi all,

I am here on a bit of a mission. I am trying to find my late fathers old motorbike. I was reminded of it a while ago in conversation with someone. The memories came flooding back, the trips we took on it, they were some great times, so I am looking for it. I hope someone can help.

It is a 2002 Ducati Monster S4 in Red reg EF02 ZKJ. It was originally purchased by my father in Marks Tey, Essex. I am not sure how many owners it’s had since or where it is.

The outcome that I am hoping for is to find out where it is, if it is for sale currently, if not, get in touch with the owner to say "give me a ring if you want to sell it".

I hope someone can help.

Cheers all!

2. It's currently showing as MOT'd and doing about 500 miles per year. :) :upyeah:

Screen Shot 2018-04-16 at 10.23.29.png

• Like Like x 2
  3. :upyeah: That is a good sign. The previous “fails” are also so minor too. I’m glad it isn’t off the road. One step closer.

It is a shame they don’t show the MOT test centre location anymore, that would have helped narrow my search no end.

4. Another development, it was a shame it didn't show the location of the test centre. However... I know a guy and he was able to help.[​IMG]

It was last tested by Ace Motorcycles in Bude. I will give them a call to see if they can help!

Another step closer!

• Like Like x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  5. Welcome David

• Like Like x 1
  6. Welcome Monster mission geezer and good luck:motorcycleduc:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Was he in the CIA or can any MOT station look it up from the number - or did you involve the authorities occifer :eyes:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Thanks very much. I am excited about the fact I might actually be reunited at some point. I’ve called the garage and they’ve kindly said they will pass on a message to the owner for me. All I can do is wait and hope they get in touch at some point.

Thanks for the sarcasm :) A mate sent it to me, not sure how and don’t care. I am just happy to have the lead.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. We care, as it's not the first time someone has been searching for an old bike this year and had the MOT info but no mot station info. If it is possible to find out then it would be very handy to help people in the future :):upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Fair point! I will push him for an answer, see what he says and let you know.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. What an exciting thread! Welcome CTRdemon are you going to buy the bike for yourself or buy it back for your father?

12. Hi Thelord. Thanks, I’ve not been able to find the reg for so long so progress was slow up until this point.

Sadly, he passed away several years ago. It’s taken me a long time to even come to terms with it. But now I have, I am looking to get the bike for myself as a reminder of the good times we had together.

• Like Like x 9
    • Love You Love You x 1
  13. It turns out that the test location was only turned off for general public access and is still visible to anyone in the trade. So if you are friendly with your local garage and have a valid reason for knowing the location of a vehicle they will probably help you out. Some may charge apparently. Hope this helps people in future :upyeah:

• Useful Useful x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  14. Cheers fella - most useful :):upyeah:

15. Well I hope whoever has it is willing to part company with the bike for you. Keep us all informed and good luck with the hunt.

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. Welcome along mate :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  17. Quick update. Still no luck, but I haven't given up hope. I've got watches setup on Gumtree, Auto trader and ebay to see if it goes up for sale! Is there anywhere else I should be watching?

18. Are the test centre going to let you know if it comes back in - August is nearly upon us :thinkingface:

19. Well... by chance I checked the MOT status again and it was actually done again a couple of weeks ago. Getting ready to sell I wonder?! I called the garage and they said they will pass my details on. I will just have to wait and see I guess.

I will probably email all the motorbike shops in the area too to see if it comes in.

20. Ask local service centres to see if they know of the bike being serviced there.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information