1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

One For The Hvac/condensation People

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by bikermike, Oct 12, 2017.

1. seeing as there seem to be a few about.

What does it mean when we have condensation on the outside of our house double-glazing? (ie if I put my hand out of the window, I can wipe it off).

Seen this morning in our East-facing Lounge windows (both the full-height and normal window sized ones)

2. It means the outer glass of your windows is colder than the air outside, probably after a cool night, so the moisture in the air is condensing on the glass.
    It also means their insulative qualities are good and the warmth inside the room is not escaping to warm up the outer surface. If you start getting condensation on the inside under normal living conditions (ie not when you've got a sauna going in the living room) when its cold outside then the windows are knackered.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. that would make sense as they are pretty much exactly east-facing, so in shadow for most of the afternoon and then get the early morning sun, so they'll have cooled down the most overnight and been warmed up the most quickly in the morning.

hooray!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information