1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

748 One That Got Away 2001 748s 16k Miles, 1 Po

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by Bubble, May 18, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Gutted, I've been searching for a replacement for a bike I had 20 years ago a 2000 748s that I never should have sold.

One came up over the weekend on the bay, 2001 looked clean, 16K miles FDSH, one previous owner! I clicked buy it now and rang up all excited only to find out that someone had beaten me to it and was driving away with the bike loaded in the van, he also paid £500 less than I was prepared to go to!

It was a good 5 hour drive away from me otherwise I'd have camped out last night!

Oh well..another one gets away. Can't be many 748S in Red with the 5 spoke Marchesinis out there?

If you are the new owner and a lucky forum member enjoy in good health.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Its painful when that happens,

A slightly earlier one here

3. I looked at that one Paul, my alarm bells are going off, the pictures look like it's been stood outside for a long period of time, look at the right hand switchgear and brake mc, loads of furring everywhere, rear sprocket and swingarm don't look great. Appreciate it's a 20 something year old bike but that's top money for a bike in that condition supposed to have come from a collector? Maybe I'm too picky.

4. And the chain is suspiciously tight

• Like Like x 1
  5. Your exactly right with those alarm bells, what kind of man can’t finish off weeding his patio before the photo shoot?

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  6. I actually don’t think it looks that bad tbh, personally it wouldn’t be My choice because of the graphics, even if they are official for that year.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information