1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

959 Oops - Mirror Replacement Required

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Flashman, Jan 11, 2021.

1. Whilst clambering past my bike in the garage, I slipped backwards and banged against the left hand mirror. A sharp crack was heard and my mirror is now a bit wobbly. I unscrewed the two retaining bolts but could not identify any obvious damage like a crack in the plastic. I put it back together but it is still appears a bit loose. I have obviously damaged it somewhere. No doubt to replace the mirror with an OEM one will be expensive so I am wondering if there are any after market replacement mirrors anyone can recommend please?

2. there are some that are on ebay from china . to be honest i doubt they will be any worse than the awful oem ones.
    think if i did what you have done i would give them ago. they look ok in the photos etc. they are near half the price of one oem mirror and you get two. china to uk shipping times are pretty good nowadays. only other cheaper option is a recon one if one comes around.

3. Thanks nuts & bolts, I'll take a look :upyeah:

4. Get these FAR/Moto Science ones from Italy. I replace my std ones with these as soon as I got the bike as they fold in. A lot less vibration then the std mirrors as well. Plug n play connectors.

614485E0-F78C-47FF-BFF8-339B5CBE0676.jpeg 4CF4B1C0-15E8-49D3-B656-BAF8B69E0066.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  5. Thanks for your reply bettes. They certainly do look good. I'll have to start saving at £245 a pop :)

6. No worries, just had a scan through my eBay purchases and I only paid €158.
    That seller isn’t listing them atm. I’ll see if I can find similar... :)

Ian

7. @Flashman different seller and slightly dearer but these are the ones.

6F2DF04A-4957-47A3-A0E9-9415C18AABF0.png

8. Get the bar end mirrors and indicators from Oberon. They’re not cheap either but at least you’ll actually be able to see something in them. I highly recommend them.

9. I tried the bar end mirrors. I really wanted to loose the std ones but I couldn’t get used to them.
    They do look good but not for me...

10. Thanks again bettes for your help, a set now on order

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  11. I had to buy one, £159.00 came from via the internet from the Netherlands
    Afterwards I found out that the smart repair lads can fix them

12. Hey Ringlow,
    Who & where are the Smart Repair lads you speak of?
    Cheers
    T

13. I’m in Manchester

14. They do car body repairs ( mobile) they repair plastic bumpers by stapling fasteners on the inside then fill & spray on the external

15. A new mirror is £160. If you can see any damage on mirror you may have broken the fairing ?
    I looked at get a mirror repaired and its the plastic that cant be repaired

16. Just watch ebay until a good used one comes up for the right price unless you are in a hurry.

They come up often - there’s one in there now for £100 ono.

If that’s too expensive keep waiting - if you are patient you can pay less.

Then don’t breathe on them - i’m pretty sure Ducati designed them to snap if you look at them funny.

17. Again not a cheep option, but I love these on my V4 in carbon - https://db-race.com/?lang=en

Three main benefits:
    1. Don't vibrate
    2. Protrude much less than standard so filtering is easy without worrying about hitting a car mirror and the OEM snapping
    3. They fold if you ever need them to (because of point 2, only really useful on track to reduce distractions

Take a bit of getting used to, but I am really pleased with them. Hopefully the pictures do them justice

Mirror 1.jpg

Mirror 2.jpg

Mirror 3.jpg

18. Just an update. I ordered and have now fitted the mirrors recommended by @bettes. Excellent quality bit of kit and well chuffed with them Thanks @bettes for your your help

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information