1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Opinions On The Best Mag Wheels Marchesini Or Dymags ?

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by portboy, Mar 17, 2020.

1. Your opinions please ?

2. marchesini!! better looking better quality better price...

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  3. have you run Dymags Andy ?

4. no
    ran carbon BST.... they were really light in weight really felt that on the steering!

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. My 916SPS bitsa had a Dymag front and a Marchesini small hub racing rear.
    The front without discs was heavier than the rear.

6. both are pretty good, im running carbon/mag dymags on my 996, mag is getting quite rare now as alloy is just as light these days.

7. Joanna Benz has put a link up today on her social media for 15% off Dymag wheels, which would probably be enough to make the difference for me

• Like Like x 1
  8. I had a pair of mid to late 90’s Marchesini, Road & Race wheels on my 853. Silly lightweight (although not as silly as 1098R forged aluminium wheels) and IMO, the classic 5 spoke shape. Buying second hand is fraught as you do not know the condition without some form of NDT. Surface oxidation is common and easy to see if the wheel has not been previously refurbished. If you plump for Dymag, which IMO are a bit cluncky in design, make sure you buy from the right period. Dynag has a chequered manufacturing history. Steve Turner, TPCS, in Melksham, is an expert and a previous employee of one of the incarnations of Dymag. He refurbished mine and has a thorough process and will tell you if they are suitable for refurbishing. This obsession with lightweight wheels has it’s limitations. I occasionally run a pair of 1098R forged aluminium Marchesinis on my Multistrada when having a blast, one up and no luggage but if I’m touring, the original wheels are put back on because the lightweight wheel are at risk of collapse on the shit UK roads. My V4 has the magnesium option which with hindsight, I have now changed for 1299 forged aluminium Marchesinis. Andy

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. I believe the Dymag CH3's are no longer being produced.

10. Don't forget the sexy Marvic wheels.
    hinten.jpg

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. I would buy anything she had to offer!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Oz

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  13. I have dymags and marchesinis on my bikes and I’m happy to have either! Both great quality and both look good! What I won’t ever have again are magnesium wheels! No way pedro!!!

14. Marchesini's here, the kompe ones, which are great - been on there for about 5 years or so. Couple of stone chips. One downside - i want some replacement spacers for the front....fuck me - cant get an answer from marchesini. Omnia racing quoted me 160 quid.!

15. For why ?

16. joanna off a bike

[​IMG]

Joanna on a bike
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Love You Love You x 1
  17. I’d do her.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. She looks fast.

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Is Domski hanging out the back of it?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information