1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

939 SP Optimate Lead Question

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by Redrick, Jun 27, 2017.

1. This is going to sound very very dumb but here goes any way

My bike has a battery charge lead already attached but that connector does not fit my optimate.

I can get a convert er type lead so that isn't really the issue

What i want to know, without dismantling the bike is, does this lead go straight to the battery or does it go through a fused or can bus type system, is it a live feed that will also run my heated jacket ( with the correct adapter of course)

All opinions and help welcome and of course piss taking if required

2. It goes straight to the battery. Just look on eBay for the battery to connector type you require.

3. Cheers

As i suspected or hoped then

4. You can also buy the correct ends from Maplin and do a cut/solder/heat shrink job on it.

I've replaced both bike side and charger side now as they both went a bit green from being used outside when the garage was being built and wouldn't get a good connection.

I've had the same old faithful charger for years and just replace the connectors when needed.

• Like Like x 1
  5. So is it an optimate or no? If it is there's 2 types of connector... The old and the new sae type which they make loads of connectors for... USB. Led light. Voltage meter... Very handy.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information