1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ordred my diavel dark - now for mods! What have you done??

Discussion in 'Diavel & XDiavel' started by Az1980, Aug 8, 2013.

1. It gets delivered in sept and wish it was today to be honest.

was looking for a 1198S for what seemed like an eternity, then on the off chance took a diavel out and......WOW I absolutely love it.

it had the full termi sys and a few performance ducati trick bits. The full system is a
    a must for me but ain't cheap £2300 but money well spent if you ask me.

just a quick question for other dival owners: what have you had done to yours to take it from standard, to your pride and joy..... Haha

just gathering some thoughts.....

Cheers guys

2. Mine came with various bits fitted (second hand 600 miles). Full Termis a must, sound fantastic with baffles removed.

3. I saw somebody on a Diavel demonstrator at a petrol station in Northwich the other day, the bike looked and sounded great! Black and mean.
    I think I'm going to have to call Ducati Manchester and have a go on it soon.

4. Me too. Was talking about this with Martin up in Scotland. :smile:

5. I don't know anyone who doesn't really like it after they've had a go. Not my type of bike but I'd really like a go on one :biggrin:

6. My feelings exactly. :smile:

7. They were my thoughts too, but I ended up buying one. Other mod, depending on how hard you want to ride it/track it, is Ohlins rear shock and front forks. Standard suspension is a bit budget.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Which is a bit worrying given that the bike isn't exactly cheap in the first place :frown:

Having to spunk £4k on new suspension straight out of the box is a serious pill to swallow.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Budget is probably the wrong word. The standard suspension is good but does require a bit of setting up and will happily allow you to ground out the footpegs, but will feel a little vague compared to a sportsbike. To be honest I'm happy with the standard set up 'cos if I want to really go banzai I use a different bike, depends on what you want out of a Diavel. It honestly handles a lot better than it should and will embarrass a lot of more "focused" machinery out of the box.

• Like Like x 1
  10. The rear spring is OK, as already said just takes a bit of setting up, it all depends on your weight and riding style. I messed about with mine and it was pretty good in the end. I also thought the standard seat was OK, another mod everyone seems to go for is an alternative seat. I think they're pretty cool looking straight out the box, the screens are plain ugly so is the side number plate holder imo. The Termi is the way to go but £2300 !!! yikes. I opted for the Remus and got the ecu etc changed, looked the bollox.

11. I'm probably going to go for a zard system. The can looks great, love the way it follows the lines of the wheel. Full system should be quite a bit cheaper than the termi. Evotech tail tidy is on the list too.

12. Only problem with the evotech tail tidy is that the bloody great rear tyre picks up a lot of crap, which then gets flung off, and whilst the rear fender/numberplate jobby isn't the prettiest, it does offer some protection (also to your mates following)

• Like Like x 1
  13. Does look good though

14. yep, that seems to be the biggest problem with it. On the research I've done quite a few bought the, then went back. Don't like the DP one that puts the plate to the side. Way to harleyish!

the hp corse pipes look pretty nice too!

15. Mine had the side mount plate holder when I got it, but I went back to the original.

16. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375995237.125774.jpg
    Seems I'm the only one who like the look of the side plate. I really like the way it allows you to show off the rear wheel :)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375995237.125774.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  17. Be really dull if we all liked the same thing.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Quite right, and I love the way it upsets the Ducati purists :)))

19. What ECU did you fit with the Remus? I have fitted the Shift Tec O2 Manipulator which seems to work but would be interested in a new ECU.

20. Speak to JHP Ducati Coventry...

Do Not Sell My Personal Information