1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

999 Origin Of This Mono Seat Pad

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by Nostromo, Oct 11, 2021.

1. Anybody got any info about these, two sites I found image matches for are no longer operational. Any additional images of the bike would be great aswell.
    DAE519A4-5055-4D44-9D6F-DCF6142F433B.jpeg

2. corse and RS had two flavours of bum pad.
    there was the shallow pad that mimicked the OEM seat pad and the deeper pad which that seat unit has.
    The bum pads are a rider preference so there's no right and wrong, and some riders use the thickness to close the span of the seat so it holds them tight rather than feeling they have acres of seat real estate flopping everywhere.

Lavilla - Same as the road bike
    upload_2021-10-11_9-21-30.jpeg

Toseland F04 - Deep
    upload_2021-10-11_9-18-47.jpeg

Toseland F05 - Deeper
    upload_2021-10-11_9-17-5.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  3. No :(

4. That one must be unicorn poop, I might get something similar made up.

5. I've got this one on a Haga seat unit from his Renegade Ducati Days. It's the corse seat unit and the pad is much bigger than was fitted to the road bikes, the technosel pad is carbon backed and I believe costs £400 fifteen years ago. IMG_6581.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  6. This was mine:

20160218_172459.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  7. Very nice, looks like I will have to replicate it then.

8. I think corsa garage do a replica of that, I could add another layer of padding and get a custom cover made.

9. the seat back is supplied by speed carbon, then you just recover it. (like jusutus' one)

Looking at the angle of the tecnosel one it's the standard one with a thick foam and covering. You're better off just getting some nice thick neoprene and shaping it to suit and then get it recovered.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. tecnosel were cut from the same cloth as JHP and ProTwins. as long as it's got their logo on it apparently it's bonker money.

That and don't for get that seat pad was part of the corse kit parts and schemed to fit the racing seat unit so nothing was ever going to be cheap. That's why when the 1098 came along, as they didn't want anything expensive anymore on their race bikes and needed a proper poverty RS offering. (compared to a 999F and RS bikes the 1098F and RS was proper charity shop).

• Like Like x 1
  11. Yeah, it’s a weird one: the 749/999 feels so good on the track....apart from that bloody “tractor seat”. It’s great for just pootling around but as soon as you start pushing it and sliding your arse off the seat you end up with the edge of the wrap around tail fairing wedged in your crack...I guess it’s an effective way to anchor yourself but ain’t particularly comfortable!
    As per Sev’s suggestion I have a block of closed cell foam I’m just going to shape to make a decent bum pad.

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information