1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Original Diavel Vs Xdiavel?

Discussion in 'Diavel & XDiavel' started by El Toro, Apr 3, 2016.

?
  1. Diavel

30 vote(s)
    40.5%
  2. XDiavel

32 vote(s)
    43.2%
  3. Neither as I'm not an American wannabe

12 vote(s)
    16.2%
  1. Given they are two very different bikes I'm interested in existing and potential Diavel owners preference.

Do the original owners now like/want the XDiavel as it really is a cruiser or do you prefer the original muscle bike aesthetics?

Just interested, like. :)

2. Have you decided you are too old to ride a sportsbike?...

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Not yet. Might be planning ahead though. ;)

However the X is a step too far.

4. Lol that's why I bought my Diavel. Fed up of being on tip toes and my body doesn't do sports bikes. Combination of back and knee problems.

• Like Like x 1
  5. had a gen 1 Diavel then changed to a MTS PP - miss the Diavel but MTS is the more versatile - XD is close enough to the original for me on handling and performance and wins on looks - just waiting on the standard peg mod kit to be released

6. I have a 2013 Diavel - I will normally favour my Multistrada most days and depending on the ride/route/trip. However, I must add - every time I ride the Diavel it puts a massive smile on my face! I am too old for superbikes now. The big bake wheel and the POWER - did I mention the power? I enjoy the way you sit "in" the bike as well. I think the XDiavel is great but I can't afford the jump in price to upgrade. I would also prefer the XDiavel if/when they add other colours. I refer to my Diavel as a Muscle bike or a cruiser with a superbike motor - It's just Kick-Ass!!!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Agree with that - would have definitely had another Diavel for the garage - Sadly I have now ditched Ducati for KTM following some shocking treatment on Warranty issues - an older Gen 2 Diavel may be an option later

• Like Like x 1
  8. I found the X a bit harsh, felt every bump in the road, running over a pot hole had me out the seat, typical crap suspension from Ducati perhaps, I'd rather ride the original for long distance. Forward sets on the X need longer legs than for the original bike, the X looks good from the RHS, but crap from the left and I am sure the original is better in the corners but mine has modified suspension so that may be the difference, that and the X has a raked out front end. They are both good but the price difference is massive and I guess that will decide it for most riders.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Personally I prefer the gen 1 for the looks, I'm not keen on the cruiser styling of the x Diavel, it's all down to taste at the end of the day. I'm sure the engine on the x Diavel must have improved over the Diavel but with my gen 1 engine remap and suspension rework it rides really well in town or in the bends at a fraction of the price. Its not a sports bike incoraging you to go to jail in today's world but it's not a million miles away.:upyeah:

• Like Like x 2
  10. The poll is missing the "both" option

I owned a gen1 - great bikes - everyone that rides one agrees
    My first extended experience of a foot forward machine was this year on a Harley trip in the US ( Electra Glide Ultra)
    Once I got used to the limitations , it was a great trip - the comfort of the big hog , for my SO , meant that we both had a great time - pretty sure a big ole passenger armchair on the back of the x will get one in my garage

• Like Like x 1
  11. I'm not a fan of either TBH, but if a gun was to my head, the Gen2 non X would be my pick o_O

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. X with rearsets. Dont think I would ever feel comfortable legs or ego with ffr. Maybe lower bars.

13. Swapped a RED VFR 800 Fi for my Diavel Dark...couldnae be happier!..has brought back enjoyment to my riding again!.

14. Ride and decide @El Toro ... I took the X for a blast at WDW last year and it was bonkers. I'm not sure I could live with the image of either though ... but for you it'd only be a small step from the Scrambler so fill your boots ;-)

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. I'm just weighing up the options for the future Dave :p

• Like Like x 2
  16. I've had both out as service loan bikes. Neither are my thing really, but both are surprisingly good. Massive torque & relatively good handling.
    To ride , the Diavel had the edge for me but perhaps that's due to the conventional (& very comfortable position).
    I work on an industrial park most days of the week and riding in with the xdiavel/termi combo attracted more attention & questions than any other car/bike I've taken in.
    Even the ladies were intrigued.
    (Until I removed my helmet)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. My brother has the Gen 1 Diavel @El Toro and he absolutely swears buy it, and says he will never sell it ?? I don't recall ever seeing him this happy with a bike :upyeah:

• Like Like x 2
  18. The Diavel, ridden like a sports bike, is a hooligan bike. The XDiavel is interesting too. You get used to the feet forward position fairly quickly, and the torque and handling is unreal.

Those people in the factory in Bologna know what they are doing. HD have a lot of catching up to do.

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. Still be Gen 2 non X for me Tel, the X-D is a stunning piece but still has a whiff of Ye-ha good ole boys and Dueling banjos about it (only IMO you understand...........Space underneath this paragraph, left blank to give me a good kicking) o_O

:confused:

#19 Wayne58, Aug 28, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. I thought the gen 1 handled better than the X. Only ridden the X once so I'd have to ride them both again to be sure but I feel that oversized rear tyre makes its presence felt more on the X than he original. Its fine until you start putting on the power through sweepers and then it goes heavy, understeers and wants to sit up, nothing like as much as most custom-style cruisers but the same symptoms. It doesn't feel unstable but it would annoy me. Maybe you get used to it and learn to adjust your steering input. But I don't recall the Gen 1 doing that. It ran out of ground clearance easily but the steered cleanly under power.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information