1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oulton Park Track Day Cost £4000

Discussion in 'Trackdays & Rider Skills' started by james griffin, Feb 16, 2019.

1. So who was the guy at oulton park today that had the track to them selfs at a cost of 4k ?

That isnt my post by the way

FB_IMG_1550356649984.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  2. Shurley a pro testing?

3. Lewis Hamilton?

4. Apparently he was doing 1.55 ppl say thats not that fast round ther but then others have said hes testing so i duno thought you lot would know with him being on a ducati ?

5. Looks like v4 speciale

Screenshot_20190216-225635_Facebook.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  6. who cares? really?

he has enough money to pay a whole Group, and did so.. the poster of the 'letter' needs to move on with life, MSV (etc) do trackdays to make money, nothing else...

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  7. The issue is that others had already paid for that session. To then re sell it to someone else is a stupid thing to do. I suspect they have lost more in future custom doing that than they took for him paying for the one session.

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. It's out of order. These things sell out. It's like buying 3 tickets to the FA cup final as you like to spread out a bit

Bet he was popular in the paddock.

9. if it was allready booked and they pushed out people to make way, then i withdraw my point above... thats not on.
    and i can then understand the fustration.

10. From the OP.
    There were groups within the size rules, all of which took place.
    The groups were full, except one which had a solo rider.

I have felt envious at times in my life too - perfectly normal.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Thread moved

12. I'm assuming it was a normal TD with people booked in fast, inters and novice. If they just split inters in 1/2 and mixed with novice and fast there could be massive speed difference in the group.

• Useful Useful x 1
  13. Sounds like sour grapes/envy.
    Nobody ever said life would be equal and fair.
    Move on.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Each to their own, but having no one to have a bit of fun with out on track must have been boring.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Yes but no one over took him to make him look slow.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. if he has that much money to burn wtf is he not in jerez or somewhere warm and sunny...

17. Fur coat, no knickers ... lol

In fairness, I very much doubt the organisers reduced the track time for the other attendees, the fact that this guy bought out a whole group is of no odds, those that booked no doubt got what they paid for within groups that were within circuit limits, so it’s all just jealousy .... I’d do it if I had the money, call NL book all of an inters group and take 15 to 20 mates, tough shit no one else can get on, same way if I wanted 3 seats on a plane for 2 of us to stretch out, which. I have done in the past as it’s cheaper than business class .... should I feel sorry for the imaginary person that I wasn’t sat next to ?

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. I attended a track day at Goodwood Circuit a few years ago. Less than twenty riders and there were four in my group, including me.

Every session, one guy would overtake me once and I would overtake the two other guys once but I spent most of each session with no other rider in sight.

It was weird.

19. The money he paid for that session should have gone to those who had already paid for the session, not the TD organisers.

• WTF WTF x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. Why?

Did those that went get the time they booked in groups that were appropriate and within circuit limits? I believe so.

The fact the TDO found a way of giving their customers what they bought whilst also satisfying another customer makes no odds, unless the existing attendees got less sessions than they expected they aren’t due any consideration, as it makes fuck all difference to their day, just jealousy.

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information