1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Our Military

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Diver, Oct 21, 2017.

1. Just arrived back from watching my sons passing out Parade at HMS Raleigh [ Navy]
    wow.....he was a little shit before he joined up but now what a man, him and all his fellow recruits.
    They are doing something right and don't be fooled into thinking "the Youth of today".................
    Wonder what the secret ingredient is ??? _PJP2552-2.jpg

• Like Like x 22
  2. In my experience a lot of youngsters thrive in a environment of routine, discipline, responsibility and camaraderie of the Services. I speak as someone who has done New Entry Course Officer at HMS Raleigh. Granted it’s not for everyone but they usually depart soon after joining.

You must be very proud, congratulations and I wish your son all the best for the future :upyeah::)

• Like Like x 3
  3. How many tears?

Good on him :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  4. I thought those 80’s sock warmers went out of fashion :thinkingface:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. The problem will be when your son's upbringing tells him not to smash up the bar but his Navy training tells him that he must smash up the bar.

: o )

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Very proud but bonus is he gets good pay an Education no student fees and is doing an Apprentiship in Electrical and mechanical Engineering

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. If you can adapt to the lifestyle, it's a terrific career path and set of experiences (from my second-person perspective).

• Like Like x 1
  8. Well done good luck to him - Step son being put through college to join next year

• Like Like x 2
  9. Congratulations on his passing out they look soooo smart

I tried to get my son to go get an education and see the world with the army

There are some good youths they aren’t all bad :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. sat and watched what these guys n gals have had to achieve in the last few months to get this far, incredible really and to watch these kids (some of them) march about with precise precision and determination brings tears to your eyes

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Join the army, travel, see the world, meet new people , then shoot them

Think the navy is the way to go now - still a moving target in the army

12. Sounds a bit like the old "Yazoo" song.

13. Give him a couple of years and you won't be able to understand what the hell is on about. Multiply that by several years and it'll sound like he's talking a foreign language.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. That sounds like any teenager

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Proud moment.Tell him congratulations and stay safe!

• Like Like x 1
  17. Happy for you and bet you must be proud. I rebelled against joining the navy, family thing meant I was 'encouraged' to apply, but tbh has been a regret in many ways over the years. Great way to see the world, get a trade, make lifelong friends. :)

18. Ahem.....RAF :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Well done, You, Mrs Diver and your boy must be very proud. :upyeah: :)

Just think, if he had tried harder at school, could of joined the Air Force, but second best a good effort though o_O

#19 Wayne58, Oct 21, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Having served over 20 years in the RAF, I can only say that it made me the person that I am.
    Any youth who sticks at it will evolve as a much better human being as they grow, whichever service they choose.
    The RAF and the navy also allow you to be an adult while you are have a fun life.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information