1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1299 Over Heating Panigale1299s

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Bob J, Jul 10, 2018.

1. So coming out of Assen after witnessing one of the best Moto GP's ever.
    As is normal after most races it was slow and might busy getting out of the circuit and bloody hot.
    Sat there watching the temperature hit the 105 before the fans kicked in.
    This happened a few times before the fans could not cool the bike down and the temperature started rising.
    I turned the engine off when it hit 115, as we were going no more than walking pace pushed it for a while until it cooled down.
    Looking round there were a few bikes that were suffering but even some older Ducati's weren't overheating.
    I know this bike runs very hot anyway but anyone out there experienced the same or any tips to prevent this.

2. 105 is normal under those sort of circumstances across the range of liquid cooled engines but I haven’t experienced the fans failing to reduce the temperature. Sadly at low revs it appears the pump does not circulate the coolant sufficiently to get the required exchange of heat to reduce the temperature. Andy

3. My 1199 does it also, I just try to avoid traffic and keep it on the open road. It’s a joke really but what can you do!

4. I’d say that’s fairly normal really

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information