1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Overt/covert Advertising

Discussion in 'Forum News' started by El Toro, Apr 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Though this may sound a rather trivial subject, there is a system in place where key businesses and dealers have chosen to support the forum and it's development and as such have certain commercial rights in return for that valuable support.

Over the past couple of weeks it has come to my attention that certain people/companies have joined the forum solely with the intention of promoting their products and services without proper agreement.

They have been posting what, on the face of it, may seem innocuous threads. However each and every post is heavily advertising their business and products, without any consultation with the forum and certainly without any agreement.

When asked to cease and desist this unfair advertising campaign, their defence has been that they have joined the forum to be a part of the "community" and that they support the biking community wherever they can. To my mind there has been no contribution to the forum other that putting products and services out into the market. This is not acceptable.

The person/company involved has been banned (for a second time now as they obviously didn't think the rules apply a second time), and all posts made by them have been deleted.

I'm sorry if this inconveniences anyone but there is a right way to do things here, and a wrong way to do things.

The company involved chose the wrong way. Twice.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information