1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pactalk Bold

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by Seanarrow, Aug 5, 2020.

1. Bought the above before I went back to sea. It’s class, but I find the voice command doesn’t work above a certain speed because of.......obviously wind noise. Is it the same for everyone and if it is has anyone got a way round that. tried moving mike. Shouting. Talking slower. Lol.
    thanks in advance
    Sean

2. hi Sean,
    Have you set language to English UK.
    Comes as std English USA
    Cheers

• Like Like x 1
  3. That won't help, he's from Ireland.
    It'll never understand a word he says !!!

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Changing to English on app worked for me

5. Talk in an American accent (honestly, it works) :)

6. i haven’t lad. Thanks will try that when home. That has to help. sean.

7. Just check yor mike is in the right place dead next to your mouth

• Like Like x 1
  8. Ye
    yeah tried all that lad. Cheers

9. Having a nightmare with mine won’t reconnect to other headsets volume seems to be all over the place won’t play music so emailing in the morning to get it returned for repair or replacement

10. Also check for any firmware updates?

• Like Like x 1
  11. no problems like that lad. I send it back get replaced. Is it a new unit.

12. 11 months old, factory reset and firmware up to date

13. I've always thought the voice commands were rubbish. Which is why I stayed in the original Packtalk and didn't bother upgrading to the Bold.
    I just ended up trying to learn the button presses to access the commands that way.
    I have to admit though, I find them rather un-intuitive, so I keep the quick start pdf on my phone, so I can we-acquaint myself with the commands each time before I set off.

14. Apart from that but though, these devices are just about everything we ever wanted about 10 years ago when we got into comms on our trips abroad. Literally a complete game changer and brought our group much closer together (even when we were further apart in the road).

Do Not Sell My Personal Information