1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 R Paddock Stand Under Yoke Type

Discussion in 'Monster' started by tcrofty7, Feb 2, 2021.

1. I'll soon be looking for a front paddock stand for the Monster and would prefer an under yoke type. Any of you lot use one and can suggest what i should get?

2. I have a BikeTek front headstand from Sportsbike shop. £65 inc various sized pins. Check your hole size (ooo err missus) first.
    Its cheapish and works really well.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Whatever you eventually choose and there is a quite a wide choice, the one negative, is how close the frame of the paddock stand is to your front mudguard when you insert the pin into the headstock. I bought the MotoGP version which comes with a choice of pins. It now resides in the garage loft and I use a good quality under fork leg paddock stand. For the rare times I need to remove or adjust the front forks, I have a basic ABBA stand. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  4. What bike do you use it on @Expat Jack? Any photos?

5. Cheers Andy. Which paddock stand do you use? any photos? I use the rubber pin type that slots under the caliper and suspension on my RSV and tackbike but they're not great.

Cleanrance is a worry but you just have to be careful!

Abba skylift will be on order soon too!

6. image.jpg image.jpg
    I use it on my 3 Triumph and the Pani R. I also have under the fork stands and an abba stand. LOL. The headstock stand is my favourite for simplicity and security. The Abba stand is great for heavy duty work.
    Here’s a pic.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Sound mate thanks. That will do for storage and it's cheap for a change!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Next time the car is out of the garage, I’ll pull it down and post a picture but it’s a V block type that goes under the fork leg. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  9. Use Harris centre pin on the 899. Yes, when fitting the clearance above mudguard is close but just put a rag (clean, obvs) on it. Very secure once in.

EC6BD92B-E5D7-4C3F-8732-31EA372E9439.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  10. Flash! :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Use one of these with my 1260 Mutley, bought for use with my previous bike and luckily the 27mm pin I bought as an extra fits both. Using this and the R&G rear stand works well, the adjustable height is useful on the front as I can get away with that and the centre stand for tyre changes.

• Like Like x 1
  12. For the gents on the west side of the pond, Pit-Bull is the gold standard.

20200813_083221.jpg 20200512_152708-1.jpg F0100-200-1000x1000.jpg F0099-210-1000x1000.jpg

#12 DarR, Feb 4, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Yes. There's always a local firm producing quality products which should be encouraged and supported.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Emailed the guy at Pitbull last year as wanted a set. But no UK distributor. One in Scandinavia but cost was too prohibitive to post over. Real shame as really like the design.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. You may want to try again. Perhaps they're looking to expand.
    George F Hoffman, General Manager
    Pit Bull Products, Inc.
    1-256-533-1977
    [email protected]

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  16. On a slight tangent, can anyone recommend a under yoke front stand that will fit a 916 and a 1100s Hypermotard? I’ve been looking for one but want to make sure that it fits.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Hi Guys I have recently bought a 1098 and noticed that the bottom yoke doesn't have a hole to fit the under yoke front stand. While I have also a normal under forks front stand how do you lift the front for removing the forks? what's the best stand for that kind of job?
    I have seen the ABBA stand lifting the whole bike from the centre but not sure of the stability when going to remove the rear wheel etc.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Abba stands are very stable, good bit of kit

19. Get an Abba Skylift. Perfect for that job

Do Not Sell My Personal Information