1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Paddock Stand

Discussion in 'Detailing and cleaning' started by Nigel Budge, Dec 15, 2019.

1. Have a 749, want to what is the best paddock stand at a reasonable price, to make it easier to clean the chain etc.

Thanks

2. Hi Nigel.
    The Abba stands are good but a bit of a faff if its just for cleaning / lubing the chain. Most of us have a variety of stands for different bikes and purposes. If I were you i would post a thread in the Wanted forum and someone will have a good second hand one for you no doubt. The forum is very helpful and friendly. To this end, might be another good idea to introduce yourself properly in the new members section - be aware, we like pictures of your bike and for some unfathomable reason, we also like to see your bins (yes, rubbish bins) in the same shot. Don't ask me why!
    Cheers.

• Like Like x 4
  3. if you do very little on your bike then a paddock stand will be fine. If you do a lot of work on your bike, some seem to prefer the abba stands

#4 noobie, Dec 17, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2019
  4. I always fear of dropping the bike on a paddock stand when doing it on my own. I've used the Abba stands for years and rate them highly. Also fit multiple bikes.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information