1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Paint Fade On Yellow Through Time .

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Bainie, Oct 1, 2021.

1. I would like to replace a yellow mid section on my 748 in yellow . Has anybody done this with a 23 year old bike ? Has the yellow changed much with time , i would hazard a guess that the reds would be worse but i could be wrong ? Have a pc so could polish the rest of the bike up as well . Can het the panel new .

2. My yellow 900Superlight had a crappy foam tank pad that was disintegrating. Removing it revealed the paint underneath was lighter in colour than the rest of the tank . Luckily the carbon tank pad that replaced it covered the difference up.

3. thanks . That’s my fear , the panel being completely different .

4. I think that if it oxides to a darker colour it is possibly lacquer that has been affected & to remove the surface lacquer with a full polish (via orbital polisher/ skilled operative) it could be restored to its original colour but as to how much that is possible would need to be checked /tested.

5. Well panel ordered , will see what like and probably polish the rest of the bike with the D.A. ... Hopefully get a decent match , and rid of the damned cracks !!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information