1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Paint Protection

Discussion in 'Detailing and cleaning' started by Android853sp, Nov 6, 2017.

1. I'm looking for recommendations about what is currently available to protect fairing paintwork from the ravages of road riding, the environment and time. Cost is an issue but I appreciate that you have to pay for the best product. Thank you. Andy

2. Clean bike & wait till its nearly dry & spray warmed up ACF50 on metal work or conversely GT85. Clear plastic kits for body work are available but off hand I can't remember the name. What bike or bikes are you thinking of protecting.

3. Whatever I finally decide to buy, it'll be brand new or a low miler kept indoors so nice and clean and unmarked. Andy

4. My preconception is that I would use a clear protective layer like the 3M stuff to minimise the impact damage from foreign bodies (please don't go there) in flight. Not sure if there is any preparation other than a clean for this type of stuff. I think something along the lines of ACF50 for the metal work is a given. Always open to suggestions and advice from those more experienced than me. Andy

#5 Android853sp, Nov 6, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2017
  5. There are several paint protection films available. I have my white satin finish Supersport protected. Difficult to see it unless you look, Venture Shield is great for gloss finish and Xpel Stealth is the best for matte or satin.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Best way to protect...don't ride it. :)
    On a serious note, if you want to keep the bike as an investment, get some good quality aftermarket fairings and bubble wrap the original ones in the loft.
    Could wax and polish either way stones/UV/insects will damage the original ones.
    +1 for ACF50 on metal parts.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information