1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1260 Paint Rubbing Off Engine Casing.

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Bobmg, Oct 17, 2018.

1. Is any one else suffering this, cleaned the bike for the winter yesterday, noticed the paint is rubbing off the right side engine casing, as your sat on the bike. I have only done 2300 miles.

2. Paint was coming of clutch cover when I bought my multi. Did not look like it had been prepared very well and certain areas would flake of it you wanted to pick at it! Had more miles on it though (10000) although it looked like it had been going on for a while. I took it of and had it powder coated and now looks like new. Can you not do something on warranty with such low miles?

3. Warranty? My Pani 959 had a couple of places that looked like future trouble on the engine cases deep in the recesses. Italian bikes don't like British Winters in my experience. All of my bikes now receive at least one annual bath in ACF50.

4. A friend of mine with a ~3 month old 1260 also has paint wearing off the clutch cover.
    This is in an area where his riding trousers touch, not his boots. It is wearing off rather than flaking off.

He has had a couple of 1200s and not had this happen on either of them.

5. Mine is wearing off too, just interested to find out if anyone has had sucsessful warranty claims for this?

6. I don't think he has spoken to the dealer about it yet, we only noticed it last week.

7. Hi had the same trouble with my 1200DVT my boot rubbing the paint off. So purchased some clear heat resistant 3M polyurethane protective tape . Made a template to match the crankcase cut the tape to match. And fitted it on. Worked well . Done the same with the 1260 as soon as I got the bike.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Exactly same as I’ve done, my boots were rubbing the paint, but caught it in time, and used the clear tape method

• Like Like x 1
  9. I have the same issue on my 1260 from wearing Draggin jeans, never had a problem with my 1200DVT.

10. Bit woeful that the machine isn't fit for purpose though. If it needs the 3M tape then IMO it should come fitted with it.

• Agree Agree x 3
Do Not Sell My Personal Information