1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Painter/ Fiberglass Repairer Recommendations?

Discussion in 'Detailing and cleaning' started by Old Jock, Jul 31, 2017.

1. Wondering if anybody can recommend somebody who is a good painter &/or also good with fiberglass repair

Got a corner damaged on the seat unit of a Guzzi and wanting to get it fixed.

The painter I'm currently using is good but operates on Geological timescales, so I'm hoping somebody on here can help.

Don't mind sending the unit anywhere in the UK and cost is not too much of an issue withing reason

Damage

[​IMG]

Seat unit

[​IMG]

John

#1 Old Jock, Jul 31, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2017
  2. Bit of Araldite and a rattle can and it'll be fine ;)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. Just got a reply back from that guy and he stated he's retired :sob:

4. I cracked a fairing on a CBR once and had it repaired, fibreglass weld & painted by a boat repairer, it was an excellent job and very cheap, as in his words, it was a 20 minute job. Maybe worth looking at.

#5 John Mac821, Aug 1, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2017
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. yip. i was gonna recommend a boat builder, plenty round here that do that kind of repair. there must be a builder down near the Clyde O.J. must be.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Sure there will be @finm I'll need to take a look

7. Anything from Barry yet, john?

8. Hi Ian

Yes he's fully engaged until beginning of October, I still might use him though, just depends on Timescales from my guy.

I might just bodge up a repair with some Gaffa Tape or the like when I get the bike ready for the road so as I can at least run it for the summer/autumn

• Like Like x 1
  9. Andrew Parnaby. 07745595013 Tockwith near York
    Did an amazing job on my 900ss fairing after it had a row with a pheasant.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. I can do it mate, pm me if your not sorted

11. I can do it mate, pm me if your not sorted

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. Cosmic

Thank you so much for the offer

I'll PM you if that is Ok?

John

Do Not Sell My Personal Information