1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1260 Palmers Products Sat-nav Bar Mount

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by TonyMNo1, May 21, 2018.

1. :thinkingface: Has anyone tried one of these on their DVT before and if so any positive or indeed negative impressions?
    I'm getting fed up with waiting for a Ducati Navi-Halter type mount, having ordered one now over 7 weeks ago, with still no logical explanation as to why the delay, when available, etc.!

So I'm going to try the screen extender kit + the bar adaptor mount, that I should be able to fit a Ram-mount to and give me a decent, really adaptable sat-nav mount.

I'm off on a trip to Haute Savoie, with Uncle Pete, Twin4Me, plus loads of other Mutli crew, in 3-4 weeks and can't be doing with a Ram-mount using one of the handlebar mounting fixings, it just looks so naff and in totally the wrong place.

Yes I know the current mobile phone operation laws and that I shouldn't be using the sat-nav 'on the go', but it's still in the least best position down near the bars.

Any constructive feedback really welcome.

TonyN:)

2. Ducati moved their parts and accessories warehouse recently. It’s caused a huge backlog. Is that it.?

3. ET-You could well be right, but no-one and I mean no-one in the Riders franchise, can get any information from anyone in the Ducati set-up, to clarify.
    If so then maybe the back-log could be dealt with soonish...

4. I’m using the Palmer screen & accessory bar on another bike (KTM).

They do good stuff and have quite a reputation on the KTM forum, for good screens.

image.jpg

5. Italian companies (not just Ducati) are renowned for not giving information. Stuff happens when it happens.

6. i found a used navihalter mount on ebay for a good price. i've got a ducati one on order but need it for a trip at the end of june. if the ducati one turns up in time i'll just have to ebay one. it is infuriating waiting for parts but its not the end of the world for me

7. I have both the screen & bar kit, it was used/tested but went back to a smaller screen & navihalter setup instead with touratech gps locking mount.

8. Here's an alternative, cheap, easy, and readily available.
    Get one of these - Diamond Ball Base 1" RAM-B-238U , drill two matching holes into the top of the screen adjuster and bolt it on. Use dome headed bolts from beneath which gives sufficient clearance to operate the adjuster.
    [​IMG]
    Then get a RAM double socket extension and connect to the GPS backing plate.
    [​IMG]

9. Pierre,
    Interesting, very interesting...
    I'll have a look at this, together with the Palmers' kit, when that arrives and see what works best.

I've already got the 'bits & pieces' so will check it out.
    Thanks.

TonyN:upyeah:

10. This also looks pretty adaptable, so I'll review the Palmers' stuff and feedback.
    Cheers

TonyN

11. I had a navhalter on order for about 8 weeks

Finally got it last week!

So hopefully yours isn’t to far off arrival, going by my time line

So they do come eventually, as El Toro says they have been moving there parts operation in Italy

Still piss poor though nevertheless

12. Boomer,
    Sounds like a positive development here, but I've also been looking at Coman's 'Heath-Robinson' idea, which might have credibility.:eek:
    The top of the Mutli screen adjuster isn't exactly flat and the standard Ram-Mount base-plate is a little wider than the top of the adjuster, but it may have legs.....Watch this space!!:thinkingface:
    Then again, the Palmers' gear is on its way, so lots of potential options to solve the sat-nav conundrum.
    Nicer place to be to be honest, so huge thanks to everyone who came back with comments:grinning:

13. Tony, just for you I photoed my RAM mount set-up. I trimmed the diamond base plate to suit the width of the screen adjuster. It was 2 years ago so I can't remember exactly, but it looks like I drilled a couple of new holes through the base, again to suit the adjuster, as the original holes were lost when I trimmed the base. As you can see, no need to put the bolts on from underneath as they clear the mechanism and it all works.
    DSCF4969.JPG DSCF4970.JPG DSCF4971.JPG DSCF4975.JPG

14. That looks like a great idea. I may change to that myself. I currently have the Ducati high mount and there is quite a bit of movement. I am guessing that your method has less?

15. I'm not familiar with your Ducati mount as I've used this set-up on my last two Multis. There is a little movement but nothing much. Certainly nothing that makes it hard to read the GPS.

16. Cheers:upyeah: I think I may be getting the drill out!

17. I have the Palmer products screen spacer and accessory bar with an MRA screen and a Zumo 590 in a touratech locking mount. It's the only mount that doesn't allow the zumo to bounce around on the move. I tried the Ducati one but this set up is just too heavy for it, it bounced about so much I was worried it would break the mount. I'm sure the Ducati one would be ok for a 390 but I can recommend the Palmer mount for a bigger unit.

18. Coman,
    I do have to admit this does look quite 'pro', even for you! :sob:
    Why haven't you shouted out about this before and patented it, you could have made a few quid from royalties, but then again you are 'flush' anyway, so perhaps you thought better of it.:beer:

Cheers buddy, this may well have some potential and indeed you could see in mid-June!!
    Best regards

TonyN :relieved:

19. Then how come you spend most of your time on the EMM trip with your face 2" from the screen frantically stabbing at the buttons on your satnav?
    ;):D:joy:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information