1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 Pan America Vs Multistrada

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by tiktokrick, Jun 4, 2021.

1. What are the opinions on here of the new Harley Pan America? Would anyone be tempted to test ride or swap?

I am a big fan of my 1200S GT, but am unsure whether to change or not. The V4S and the Harley would cost around £10k to change to an equivalent spec level.

I like the look of the Harley and the fact that it is so different to the traditional bikes they offer. I don’t ride off road though.

2. I think the Harley looks hideous, however beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I wouldn’t buy a Pan based on it’s looks, for me it has no redeeming features other than it might beat the original Multistrada in the fugly stakes.

If your heart is set on a PA then go for it but for me it’s a no.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. If the objective of this thread was to instill a laugh then......
    "ROFLMAO"

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. I’d rather ride a Honda Grom than a Harley..any Harley.

No matter how good it may be..

No nae never... as the song goes

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Leaving aside the aesthetics (neither are easy on the eye, much less beautiful to me) I'll bet the Harley weighs in a fair bit more than a multi.

But to answer the original question, I rode my last Harley as a favour to a friend. I would be unlikely to volunteer again. Its not 100% out of the question but you get my drift!

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Well... you'd think so... buuuuut...

upload_2021-6-4_18-14-7.png

upload_2021-6-4_18-14-41.png

Looks like there's 16lbs in it if you take the standard Pan America and the standard 1200DVT, however if you take the standard V4 Multistrada as a comparison...

upload_2021-6-4_18-16-21.png

...there's 5lbs in it fully fuelled between the Pan America and the V4 Multistrada... Wowsers!

Harley will do 43mpg, V4 will do 43mpg... 1200 DVT will do 56mpg.

My 1200S is lighter, will do more miles to the gallon and (to my eye) looks nicer. Guess I'll pass on the new ADV bike then! :D

Interesting though that Harley Davidson have come out with a quite light, quite technically up to date and quite powerful (more than a R1250GS for example) bike that has a strong enough look to divide opinion (I'll be honest, I prefer it to a KTM)... changing of the guard in Milwaukee?

[​IMG]

#6 Fire3500, Jun 4, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Well thanks for looking that up, and I'll fully admit to being surprised. Off road bikes that weigh 500lbs plus, are either for weight lifters, or folks that want to ride off road styled bikes on the road.

• Like Like x 1
  8. MY EYES HURT...PLEASE STOP!!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Harley Pan America body kit.. 2D09A715-5395-479E-B614-1C72446C7461.png

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. People in glass houses... :joy:

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. I can't un-see this

Rfd1a74c8fc8bc96bc92f1440d94d79c0 (2).jpg

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Now that sucks!!!!!!
    :D

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. It reminds me of the bikes from Bladerunner...

15. Well, I suppose few companies ever get it right first time.

However, no matter how good a bike might actually be, if it doesn't look the way I want a bike to look, I won't buy it.
    The last venture named Pan Am went tits up as well.
    Having said that, their stats, if true, are on the ball with their competitors. Will it be everything or nothing? Who knows?

What some people forget is that Harley has had the benefit of seeing what other manufacturer designs have previously looked like.

They could have at least made it look a bit nicer, ffs.!

#15 Shoboshi, Jun 5, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. I like ugly vehicles. I'm not put off by the looks. Bit would I swap for multistrada? Ffs, absolutely not. Get out of here now. Someone block this dude from the site. soz mate. All bikes rock.

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Had a look at PanAm at local dealers. Battery is right at bottom of engine behind front wheel! In line of fire for salt water crud and submersion come winter.
    Indicators are a bit old Landy on stalks affair and no cubby hole for smartphone for the ubiquitous phone/nav mirroring.
    Sandwich sized hole under pillion seat but no USB port,

18. Loving this, especially the hoover image! Have a test ride booked for next weekend. Unfortunately, I cannot think of an attractive sport tourer /ADV bike. Multi, GS, PanAm - none of them are pretty to me. Hey ho.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Harley has been a laugh for years, living off "heritage". Problem is 1940s engineering does not cut it any which way you try to package it.
    Smacking the product with the robot-ugly hammer and pretending it is something bang up to date....c'mon. Pull the other one.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Well go for the least ugly..

And don’t say it’s the Harley.!

Otherwise we’ll have to change your name to Ray...;)

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information