1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1299 Pani Track Day.. Not The Best Results...

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Nathanhu, Sep 25, 2017.

1. so,
    were do I start..

2. Oops.

Well, I'd start with repairing the LHS ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. was having a great day, managed to get under my self imposed mind block of 1:50 and was nicely doing 1:47s and the bike felt great, lots of positive input, not shakes or DTC light blaring at me and then the front tucked as I was transitioning from right to left.
    I'm a bit annoyed as I wasn't on the brakes at all.. Doh..!

but on a positive note, damage was limited, to front axle slider, GB engine slider LH, Seat panel, and Side stand, and kaput was the left hand handlebar as it folded..
    what is a pain is the lock stop sheared off, and this seems to be a common issue.. another 400 euro in the bin :)

• Like Like x 3
  4. You walked away which is the important thing!

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. I had a new set of Dainese leathers on, and they did the job nicely, one or two bruises is acceptable at 100kph I think..

I was able to rid the bike on Friday after a quick visual inspection and replacement of the lh handle bar.

DP footrests... parts are a bit pricy, you could say... might be cheaper to look out for a second hand set etc.

6. unlucky mate - didn't look overly aggressive or whatever - what caused the front to tuck do you know?

7. Bad luck, it's just money though and the bike didn't flip. On the vid ~:09 you can clearly see a dark line, maybe that's fluid someone dropped. It may be too early for someone laying down rubber entering a corner.

8. Odd crash that, I was trying to listen to your throttle inputs without any luck and did notice the bike protesting (to my eyes) slightly in the previous corner leading in to the one you crashed on.

Panigales can tuck with weight transfer from throttle input.. where your tyres up to temperature properly ?

@royalwithcream what do you think Dave? You’ve binned a few of these haven’t you :innocent:

9. Not sure, and that is the most annoying part of it..
    My DDa didn’t show any DTC activation, ( I know that’s rear wheel focused) maybe something on the track surface

But forgetting the small ‘off’
    What a monster of a Bike, Changing the rear spring to one suited to my ‘dry ‘ weight made a huge difference to corner exit...
    Just converting it back to road kit to make use of the next few weeks sun ( here’s hoping)

#9 Nathanhu, Sep 25, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 2
  10. that makes me feel a little better :)

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Haha thanks a lot :) I thought the track was wet to start with, I'm voting fluid as well as it doesn't seem fast enough into the corner to get the classic Panigale neutral throttle low side? I don't think it's your issue here but the reason all the race teams and many track riders run the extended tanks is to put your weight back a bit to avoid this. It massively reduced the amount of crashes on panigales in racing. I've done it twice haha :) I swear by the extended tank now!

IMG_6311.JPG

• Like Like x 3
  12. Actually I'm watching it a few more times and thinking maybe it could be the Pani neutral throttle?

Have a look at 2'50'', my first crash from a few years ago :) It's very similar to yours. Maybe get a seat unit order in!

13. So what caused this did you say?

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. I think that guy on the 899 at brands who stuck it in the scenery at paddock closed the throttle mid corner and loaded the front end when cold.

Never really given it much thought but it does seriously upset the panigales :/

15. Neither of those videos were are Brands were they?

16. Sorry mate wasn’t talking about this accident, was a different one I was talking to Dave about the other day

17. Aha, thats what im looking for @royalwithcream. That tank extender. Where may I get one?

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  18. Just had mine done under warranty, broke off by turning lock from side to side ina back street in Spain !!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information