1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panigale 899

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by Bartebde, Jan 8, 2018.

1. Is anyone thinking of parting ways with an 899 in the coming months?

I'm pretty set on buying one but due to the time of year there aren't many private sellers advertising. Does anyone know of any potential leads (private or (recommended)trade)? Whilst I continue to peruse the cold & empty show rooms.

Main use will be for road before moving towards the track, so shinny & light modifications aren't of a high priority.

Thanks.

2. How much are you looking to spend? I only ask because the 959’s are a decent price and obviously a bit newer. The side pipes can be sorted for about £5-700.

3. I'm kind of hovering around the 10k area for the right bike, but know I can get quite a bit of 899 for 9-9 1/2.

There is a 959 at my local garage with 1299 pipes on it for 10,800 and I very nearly committed to. However are the slipper clutch, weight(-), noise(+), chassis improvements (+) , new body shape (-) worth it on the 959?

Especially given that the 899s have already taken more of their depreciation hit and the 959s I will be looking looking at are probably also out of warranty.

4. You might or might not be lucky with warranty. I took out the full extension (4 years total), and don’t know if I’ll keep it that long.... it is quite possible someone did that and is now selling. Worth asking.

You’re right that an 899 May have taken more depreciation, however a 959 is nearly always going to remain at a slightly higher value when you sell on. There really isn’t a lot in it and it depends if you can get decent upgrades on one.

959 is slightly heavier, but in most other ways I’d say it is better, even if it is just marginally. The slipper is handy, but you could find an 899 with a better one fitted. If it were me I’d keep looking (and chatting to dealers about what you are after enslave they get one in), and see if you can snag something (899 or 959, I really don’t think it matters if you get the right one) for £10k with a decent exhaust and a bit of warranty.... there will be one out there somewhere....

5. Possibly selling mine in the near future if the hyperstrada doesn’t sell
    Red 899 termi’s Carbon new chain and sprockets FSH 13k

5CA8A756-8C0B-4BC7-94B6-86C56CF2E781.jpeg

6. I'd assume the 959 lost the extra weight if you get rid of the exhaust / cat lumps? I took one out for a test ride last year and was impressed but I can't compare properly since I've never rode an 899. From what I've heard and read the slipper clutch makes a pretty noticeable difference to improving its performance.

• Useful Useful x 1
  7. #Bartebde I’ve sent u a private message.
    Cheers.

8. Just a side can? Or do you mean AR can and cat delete pipe? 8kg means the can and cat delete pipe weigh 1.7kg, because the OE cat and pipes are 9.7kg. Anyway, not an option if you need to get on a trackday.

9. From memory when I weighed the OEM cans they were 9kg'ish. The AR can was 0.6kg.

I think. I've slept since then.

10. The OE twin side pipes are 3.8kg, so if you just swapped those out you saved 3.2kg.

11. That definitely doesn't ring a bell. But I'll bow to your superior knowledge.

I did remove the pillion pegs too but I can't think they made up that kind of difference.

Or maybe I dreamt it. Who knows :)

12. I only remember because I noted all the weights down in the thread I linked to earlier when I did my first one.

13. Fowler’s in Bristol has one priced at 9.9k. They’re always more expensive than they should be but they’ve got a ‘sale’ on now so they might take a fair bit less as they’ve had 2 1199s there for ages as well.

14. Like I say I've just got 8kg in my head and I can't think/remember why. The pillion pegs came off at the same time but that's it I think.

15. I saw this but over the Bridge in Cardiff, Ridders had a similar mileage example for slightly less but with Termis and a tail tidy.

16. #18 Bartebde, Jan 12, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
  17. How big is your plate and how big do you think you could squeeze on?

Also WRT noise and track access, do you have no issue with your under belly exhaust?

The termis on the 899 seem to have a magnetic affect on me but I'm worried about the track issues IDC

Do Not Sell My Personal Information