1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

959 Panigale 959 Corse

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by slinemfc, Dec 14, 2017.

1. Seriously growing on me each time I see it, even beginning to like the side exhausts.
    Question is, is it worth the premium over a standard as I'm looking at it as a replacement for the Monster 1200 S Stripe.

2. How far is it off the new base v4 or the 1299?

3. I cancelled my Corse order. Got a deal on a standard 959 at just under £12k, and I am enjoying spending a lot less than the £4k+ difference on suspension and other toys (under belly exhaust for one!).

• Like Like x 3
  4. That does sound like a no brainer! ;)

5. But it will be worth more when you sell it, not £4k more, but more. So it's not like you are flushing £4k down the toilet like a holiday, 1/4 of a kitchen or an engagement ring.

6. I personally think the £15.5k price tag is a bit high, there's plenty of deals to be had on the standard model and the money you could save could be put toward improving the bike, just setting up the suspension alone to suit you will improve it a great deal and no real need for swedens finest gold bling, plus as mentioned an underbelly exhaust woukd improve it even more

7. :worried: Base 1299 probably won't be an option though when I get round to it in the new year.

8. I think you mean 1/2 an engagement ring!

I don’t think you’ll see a 2.5k premium in the second hand market of a Corse over a standard bike. As for the additions to mine, I’ll sell most of them on afterwards.

New (unregistered) 959 £12k
    1299 exhaust and belly panels £500
    Ohlins TTX shock £620
    (Both above courtesy of a forum member)
    Ohlins NIX30 fork kit £1100 Fitted
    Set of Ducati performance track fairings (wrapped) on eBay £260

That takes me to £14.5k with Ohlins suspension all set to me, and underbelly exhaust, and a spare set of track fairings. That is the normal price of a standard 959, and still £1.5k less than a Corse... which I could spend on a lithium battery and Corse paint job if that is what I wanted.

In theory, by putting back to standard and selling the parts on, mine could be worth more than trying to sell a Corse in two years time... (it is going to be in the second hand price bracket of 1299S’s).

#8 Jolley, Dec 14, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Just seen dmc moto in stoke have a 2017 959 with only 500 miles, 1299 exhaust conversion for just under £12k
    Food for thought maybe

#9 Gp80, Dec 14, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2017
  10. I have mine on order. Got it for £13.5k which I thought was a fair price. Love the paint job on it, just don't like the zaust but will keep it for low noise days at UK tracks.

Will have to find an underbelly and lin pipe for it from a 1299 / US 959 for other occasions

11. Is that because you’re in Jersey and don’t have to pay the VAT?

12. Yea pretty much. Instead of the VAT we pay 7% local sales tax. If I went for the standard 959 it would have been about 12k, so thought the Ohlins / Akra and paint job were well worth the extra 1500

• Like Like x 1
  13. So do I! ;)
    60D7AACC-679D-4657-A3FD-BCD5961DB8B9.jpeg

14. If anyone wants some brand spankers 1299 exhausts for their 959 I have them in a box in my attic.

15. How much for?

16. Bit of a change of direction Ron but I don't blame you tbh.
    I'm still looking at a 1299S when the new trade-ins come through.
    An MY16 is around 16k at the moment, so will hopefully drop again in the next few months, but I have a small nagging doubt based on your experience... :thinkingface:

17. If I’m honest, the 1299S is a beastly road bike. Much better on the road than the 959. However, I found the 959 better/more fun on track. The 1299 seemed to get itself tied up a little bit when pushed (the clever gearbox electronics deciding not to change down gear a couple of times). It may not have the ballistic top end, but by comparison, I felt more at home on the 959. With the better suspension set up I am hoping that gets even better.

Try and find one that someone extended the warranty on (I don’t understand why Ducati UK don’t do this with all of their own bikes). I’ve topped the 959 up to 4 years... that either means I have plenty of coverage, or I’m at an advantage when I come to sell over those without a warranty. Personally I wouldn’t risk a 1299 without a warranty. Regardless of the motor, even something like a screen is about £800... nothing is cheap to replace. I paid £16.5 for my 2015 plate 1299S when it was 18months old.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Man maths rocks!

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information