1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panigale Final Edition

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Ian, Feb 1, 2018.

1. ive just seen one and think it looks stunning, even more than the V4 it was next to. I wouldn't want to swap my Pani' for the V4, but the FE, now, that's a different question. Were it not for the trouble of getting a letter from the Pope to get the thing insured, I'd be thinking it over. Oh, and my SwMototech panniers wouldn't be a straight swap....

2. I've still to see one in the flesh Ian but do like the look of them...

Would be good to meet up for a run out again at some point this year :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  3. There was at least one in Moto Rapido today, does look smart. If given the choice though, think I’d rather have the 959 Corse.

BD0E4987-C018-4188-91F7-4C7EDCBBCD17.jpeg AB6ADCA9-32FC-4A7C-98D9-D829EF9A5BA1.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  4. Production of them is apparently now coming to an end

5. There was only ever going to be one production run and its sale is on an environmental standards transition exemption that expires this year. ‘Tis a great beast and the last of an era. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  6. :eyes:

Nope, false alarm...

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  7. Do it :eyes:

8. A final,final edition...:upyeah:

9. i have to say i was not sure on the new V4 but watched bike world show last night and they showed the top of the range in the red/white paint job and it loook good.the FE stands out from the crowd because of that lovely paint and i think if you put the two together it would be a very,very hard choice to make!

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Well... I Just bought one!

If anyone is thinking about buying one also, I can assure you you won’t be disappointed, it’s an animal, a beautifully crafted handmade Italian animal at that

There’s no comparison to the V4 really apart from maybe a similar body style.

If your a fan of the Ducati L-twin, the FE really is the ultimate swan song (Bar the SL2 of course - but for half the price!) and with a set of the Akra race pipes (£3.5k) will pump out 215-220 BHP similar to the SL2, not that any of that matters in the real world of course.

I did Um and Ahh at first I will admit, mainly due to a lot of negative comments on here, but having seen it in the flesh and ridden it, and from speaking to Ducati folk in the know, it’s definitely worth the investment IMO.

Absolutely no regrets

• Like Like x 7
  11. I actually cancelled my Final Edition order and went for just the V4.

Not that the Final Edition wasn't nice, but without being a limited number, I couldn't justify the price- I would prefer to get the 1st gen SL.

Oh, and the ultimate true twin is the 1098r - sorry:)

12. I like the cut of your jib, sir. :D

13. Not sure about that one:thinkingface:

14. Or 2 of them :thinkingface:

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  15. Enjoy :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  16. I have to agree that the 1098r is right up there with the best and I’m lucky enough to have one of those as well, but the FE is just as special IMO

The order books will be closing next month I’m told. It’s a shame they didn’t etch the limited run figure next to the model number, but that doesn’t distract much from what it actually is, a two wheeled engineering masterpiece

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information