1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1199 Panigale R: Akrapovic Or Termis?

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by ibgarrow, Jun 10, 2022.

1. I’ve been to have the R its annual service today for the first time since buying it last year, and have been told that “it’s the wrong exhaust, should be Termis”
    Mine are Akrapovic. The R is Gen 2-‘65 plate
    I thought Termis were on Gen 1, and Gen 2 changed to Akrapovic?
    Any knowledge
    @nelly ?

2. Gen 2 is Akra. Gen 1 Termis. Don’t use them again !!

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. They’re my only near (relatively) Ducati dealer. I’m unhappy since they refused to value my 2011 Multistrada some years back for part-ex because “I’m not having them, they run their main bearings”
    Because they declined my request to run a check (paid) on my newly-acquired Panigale - “if it’s come from a Ducati dealer it’ll be OK” yet now, apparently, it’s “wrong”.
    The alternative seems to be a 3-hour ride each way.

4. Put up with a 6 hour round trip. Your current dealer sounds like a RSOS. Andy

5. Think you’ve hit the nail on the head. Thrice-peeved.

6. It’s only once a year and it’s an R. Spoil yourself. :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Now looking at online maps to find a nice way there, avoiding motorway, but also avoiding towns, traffic, bumpy roads,…

• Like Like x 1
  8. As already stated, the Panigale R Gen2 should have the following exhaust system as standard:
    "Homologated Akrapovic titanium exhaust:
    A homologated Akrapovic exhaust, with silencers and tubes fully in titanium, is as beautiful as it is functional. Allowing the Panigale R's engine maximum breathing and maximum power, this exhaust is impeccably built and weighs only a fraction of what a comparable steel exhaust does."
    Taken from:
    https://www.motorcyclespecs.co.za/model/ducati/ducati_1299R Panigale_16.htm .

Also this from MCN:
    "Made in conjunction with Akrapovic, the exhaust is obviously street legal – but not exactly quiet! The Panigale R gets a full titanium system with larger pipes than the 1299, while the mufflers are finished with a carbon end cap. The system is an impressive 2.5kg lighter than the old version."
    Taken from:
    https://www.motorcyclenews.com/bike-reviews/ducati/1199-panigale-r/2015/ .

Hope this helps.
    Tom.

9. So which dealer is it :p

10. Yup. Exactly what I thought, too.
    Thanks Tom, I was beginning to doubt my sanity!
    In addition, I was also told there were very few differences between the Gen1&2 models. Whereas I understand the Gen2 is quite different, and behaves differently.
    I think I’ll be riding to a different, if more distant, dealer. Annoyingly, I have two Ducatis!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information